Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Official 4.4 is that true?!

OP dieselman6969

4th February 2014, 01:48 AM   |  #31  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 45
 
165 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
There must be some other way to get 4.4 without paying morr moneys

Sent from my LT26i using yuri's app
4th February 2014, 06:44 AM   |  #32  
c0ntagi0's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 8
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
I'm replying to this using pureslim kitkat r1, its running stable , fast, and better than average battery life. If anyone wants kitkat badly, aosp / custom rom is the way to go. Get it or stay happy with Sony's stock. Sony's UI is still the best looking UI out there. Don't listen to what technology websites and blogs are saying, as they are out to push products that you don't really need.

Sent from my Xperia S using Tapatalk
6th February 2014, 04:26 AM   |  #33  
Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 11
 
53 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Why are you guys arguing about the updates anymore?! That aint gonna make sony miraculously drop off any major upgrade. As far as your woes with flagship devices go, yes Xperia S was a flagship device. Yes, I paid INR 32,000 for it and purchased on the day of the launch. Yes, it makes me sad that Jelly bean was delayed so much. Yes, it makes me sad that ICS was buggy as hell. But then the final JB upgrade is pretty solid imo for a device thats two years old now and I am happy with it. The custom roms aosp jb kk are always a bonus.
If you are gonna cry about updates then maybe you should have avoided buying a device with outdated cpu, because by the time you got your xperia s in hand, qualcomm already moved on with s4 series. Qualcomm aint gonna support their cpu forever just like every other company out there.

Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app
Last edited by skyend; 6th February 2014 at 04:34 AM.
6th February 2014, 06:47 AM   |  #34  
xperiauser1221's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
250 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyend

Why are you guys arguing about the updates anymore?! That aint gonna make sony miraculously drop off any major upgrade. As far as your woes with flagship devices go, yes Xperia S was a flagship device. Yes, I paid INR 32,000 for it and purchased on the day of the launch. Yes, it makes me sad that Jelly bean was delayed so much. Yes, it makes me sad that ICS was buggy as hell. But then the final JB upgrade is pretty solid imo for a device thats two years old now and I am happy with it. The custom roms aosp jb kk are always a bonus.
If you are gonna cry about updates then maybe you should have avoided buying a device with outdated cpu, because by the time you got your xperia s in hand, qualcomm already moved on with s4 series. Qualcomm aint gonna support their cpu forever just like every other company out there.

Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app

I'm using xperia SL I paid 27500 inr for it...bought last year (Jan 2013)
Just close this thread now...
No one's gonna get an official kitkat update..
Sony is lazy and I realised it when they provided jelly bean after 1 yr of its release..
Hell it's not even available to xperia Z1
They are still using 4.3...
If anyone wants frequent updates buy a nexus device..
Snapdragon s3 chipset in our phones have no drivers for 4.4..
It's stuck... Here forever and now rayman has also left...

Sent from my LT26ii using xda premium
7th February 2014, 04:28 PM   |  #35  
De@n's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 121
 
270 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xperiauser1221

I'm using xperia SL I paid 27500 inr for it...bought last year (Jan 2013)
Just close this thread now...
No one's gonna get an official kitkat update..
Sony is lazy and I realised it when they provided jelly bean after 1 yr of its release..
Hell it's not even available to xperia Z1
They are still using 4.3...
If anyone wants frequent updates buy a nexus device..
Snapdragon s3 chipset in our phones have no drivers for 4.4..
It's stuck... Here forever and now rayman has also left...

Sent from my LT26ii using xda premium

Rayman hasn't left
12th February 2014, 11:36 AM   |  #36  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0ntagi0

I'm replying to this using pureslim kitkat r1, its running stable , fast, and better than average battery life. If anyone wants kitkat badly, aosp / custom rom is the way to go. Get it or stay happy with Sony's stock. Sony's UI is still the best looking UI out there. Don't listen to what technology websites and blogs are saying, as they are out to push products that you don't really need.

Sent from my Xperia S using Tapatalk

I use this ROM too and I must to agree with you. For me it is first ROM without problem with restarting launcher. Of course there are some bugs, but releasing new version could change it. So, if you want to have Andoid 4.4.2 try this ROM.
14th February 2014, 01:16 PM   |  #37  
Junior Member
Flag São Luís
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Exclamation qualcomm not give drivers
guilt is the qualcomm that stopped making drivers for S3 processors for android 4.2 or higher.
15th February 2014, 01:34 AM   |  #38  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
65 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
noooo
Ofcourse not true

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes