Dropbox 50 For 2 Years Offer

OP ElectronKing

14th February 2014, 07:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
When I first received my SM-P600 I remember tapping on the Dropbox app and something came up about signing up the offer. At the time I was still exploring the tablet so I just exited out of the app. Now when I launch Dropbox it just wants me to sign into Dropbox or create an account... nothing about the free offer. I looked over the original email I received from Samsung about all the free stuff that came with the tablet and for Dropbox they just said to launch the application. Anyone have any ideas on how I can get my free Dropbox?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
14th February 2014, 08:24 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 20

186 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectronKing

When I first received my SM-P600 I remember tapping on the Dropbox app and something came up about signing up the offer. At the time I was still exploring the tablet so I just exited out of the app. Now when I launch Dropbox it just wants me to sign into Dropbox or create an account... nothing about the free offer. I looked over the original email I received from Samsung about all the free stuff that came with the tablet and for Dropbox they just said to launch the application. Anyone have any ideas on how I can get my free Dropbox?

I signed in when that box popped up and got the 50gb immediately. This was before I ever signed up for the other perks. It wasn't really 50 additional Gigabytes, it just bumped me up to 50gb.
14th February 2014, 09:59 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
I just created an account and after I signed in I only have 2GB. Any idea who to contact about this? I'm guessing Dropbox won't know anything. Maybe Samsung technical support but I'm not very hopeful.

14th February 2014, 10:36 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 4

81 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectronKing

I just created an account and after I signed in I only have 2GB. Any idea who to contact about this? I'm guessing Dropbox won't know anything. Maybe Samsung technical support but I'm not very hopeful.

When you sign into the website you should see "Get Free Space" at the top click on it. It'll give you some steps to get the free 50GB but I think the only thing that really matters is installing the program on your computer.
15th February 2014, 12:04 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Thanks guys for all the suggestions. Yea, I logged into the email account that I used when signing up for Dropbox and it contained an email directing me to the Dropbox website where they had seven items listed. You had to complete 3 (maybe 4) of the seven.

Somewhat disappointing you have to jump through hoops to get what Samsung promised but it wasn't too bad. Wow Dropbox really does what you recommending their services to family and friends. Guess that's how you grow.

I've never really had a cloud based service before so it will be interesting seeing how it fits my workflow. I really like to upload all my digital photos, videos, books, and music but especially with RAW files for photos and digital video the space requiremens really go up. For me I'd need about 3TB. Google drive is cheaper than Dropbox but still, 4TB is $200/month. Really would add up fast. I guess cloud storage is like insurance, you hate paying for it but if something happens you'll miss your digital media when it's gone forever.

Thanks again for all your answers.
15th February 2014, 12:59 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 219

828 posts
Donate to Me
Okay dropbox is good but I prefer copy.com

The free 50gb Dropbox from samsung is okay. however if you have multiple samsung devices that comes with free dropbox they wont add up.
I have a Note 2, Note 3, Note 10.1 and Note 10.1 2014, so I should have a total of 200gb right? Wrong!

Below is the email support I got from Dropbox

Quote:

Stephanie Stein, Jul 26 04:39 pm (PDT):
Hi Glen,

Thanks for contacting Dropbox Support, and I sincerely apologize for the delay.

Unfortunately, multiple promotions of the same type cannot be stacked on one account. When your current promotion expires you will be unable to tie another instance of that promotion type to your account.

We cannot redeem multiple credits for one account, but you are welcome to give the credit to a friend or family member so that they can redeem the promotional space. They can do so by logging into their account from the eligible device.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Best,
Stephanie

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread