Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,225 Members 53,370 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Persian Language Support for Factory Unlocked Amaze

Tip us?

SiAmaze
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Smile [Q] Persian Language Support for Factory Unlocked Amaze

Hello guys and thanks for this wonderful website! I have gotten my factory-unlocked new HTC Amaze phone which has GB 2.3.4 and with no T-mobile bloatware. But I have some problems.
1. I can't read persian text in SMSes and webpages. The list of languages now on my phone are english and eaatern asian languages
2. My full HD videos recorded by the Amaze are surprisingly in 3gp format
3. I wouldn't hate a bit of speed acceleration on my device.

I am guessing these problems can be solved with a custom rom (as unlocked version doesn't alllow an update).
I still don't know if I can get farsi (persian) aupport without rooting the phone and yes I have read some threads here by binary and other wonderful guys who have put time and effort into creating this wonderful website.

As u will see, I prefer not to root the device unless it is really inevitable.
Thanks in advance for your replies.
The Following User Says Thank You to SiAmaze For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thelordofkings97
Old
Thanks Meter 14
سلام دادا ... هر مشکلی داری به خودم بگو اینا عوضین درست حسابی جواب نمیدن
The Following User Says Thank You to thelordofkings97 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Muneeb Saeed
Old
Thanks Meter 56
I think i understand it says
"Asalamualikum try to solve your problems yourself first"

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk

pbergonzi
Old
(Last edited by pbergonzi; 15th February 2014 at 02:19 AM.)
Thanks Meter 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muneeb Saeed View Post
I think i understand it says
"Asalamualikum try to solve your problems yourself first"

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk
While that's all well and good, I think one can expect a little help in the "Help" thread.

@SiAmaze--Here is a very recent article that will explain rooting to you.
http://lifehacker.com/how-to-flash-a...phone-30885281
You are not the first one to ask about 3gp on the Amaze, so I begin to think it is either region-specific or GB specific.
Popular notion is that GB is essentially a waste of a good phone, and that you will be much happier moving to ICS where you can find bit stability and if I got this right, mp4 recording. There should be a stock ICS somewhere, since T-mo did at least bring us up to ICS, I trust and hope in your region also. If you can't go stock, you can look through the ROMs a little and see if they got what you require.
I think I recently read there's a way to get the language you want, and you might poke around for that, too.
Accelleration is a by-product of most ROMs, just because they been improved. The first thing is to decide on your most important criteria--stability?..., video?..., speed? You'll determine that with a little poking around and testing.
Amaze 4G Unlocked Rooted S-off (Juopunutbear) SuperCID 4EXT CM10

This is not haiku.
Nor does it profess to be.
Android in Springtime.
The Following User Says Thank You to pbergonzi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]