Bricked Verizon Galaxy Note II reading as GT-N7105

Search This thread

NeoandGeo

Jan 25, 2011
I have a Verizon Galaxy Note II that is incorrectly reading as GT-N7105 and won't let me flash anything in ODIN. Can I fix this without a hardware mod?

Full readout in ODIN

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: GT-N7105
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: No
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0
RP SWREV A2

Last edited:

NeoandGeo

Jan 25, 2011
Have some more information on the phone. The user says they tried to flash 4.4.2 gapps to the phone and installed a ROM that they thought was for the SCH-I605. Before this the phone was rooted and unlocked on 4.1.2 with the 4.3 update downloaded but not able to install (blocked by CWM). I have tried all the combinations I can think of using several ODIN versions on a Windows 7, and two Windows 8.1 machines. Nothing will flash, everyhting just errors out on writing the NAND it looks like. The closest thing I can get to progress is using the N7105 PIT file and the CWM for the SCH-I605. This gives me a boot screen that doesn't blink on and off, but the phone never does anything.

akellar

Jan 9, 2011
Iowa
He flashed the 4.3 bootloader for a different device. You have a brick.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

NeoandGeo

Jan 25, 2011
I knew it was pretty bad when it was reporting the wrong phone model. Could I use the unbricking method by KOBOL here? Or what can I do to unbrick the device? It was purchased used, so no warranty on it at all.

Thanks

Sometimes I am able to get it to the Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again. But Kies never detects the phone.

I am able to flash the stock I605 recovery, but am not able to enter it. They don't have the file that they flashed that caused this problem. Can I download the I605 bootloader anywhere?

Last edited: