Post Reply

[Q] How to upgrade n7000 to 4.4

8th February 2014, 11:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Heyy

My cell model no is GT n7000
And base band version is N7000XXLSO
AND BUILD NO N7000XXLSZ

i couldnt find appropriate kernal an cwm to upgrade it from 4.1.2 to 4.4 kitkat

Plz suggest me something to upgrade my cell

Thanks in advance
8th February 2014, 11:51 AM   |  #2  
XxPixX's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 483
 
639 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
First flash philz kernel: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1901191
then flash raw kernel r4: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2397000

then you will have a selinux compatible recovery
8th February 2014, 12:27 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxPixX

First flash philz kernel: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1901191
then flash raw kernel r4: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2397000

then you will have a selinux compatible recovery

I tried using it earlied but failed after 2nd step i mean the restoration part

By the by i forgot to mention that my phone might be in demo mode too
9th February 2014, 06:21 AM   |  #4  
Wongkonka's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Sunshine Coast
Thanks Meter: 0
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franky.sac

I tried using it earlied but failed after 2nd step i mean the restoration part

By the by i forgot to mention that my phone might be in demo mode too

Did you reboot recovery after flashing the first step?
9th February 2014, 01:27 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Yeah i did

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app
12th February 2014, 08:49 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 89
 
120 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Donate to Me
More
If you want to use OmniROM, use TWRP instead of CWM/PhilZ recovery. Then do a factory reset and flash omni's zip found on dl.omnirom.org/n7000/. The zip already includes a kernel, if you want to use custom ones such as devil's, search for their threads here.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
13th February 2014, 03:07 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
I couldnt find twrp can u send the link to fetch it

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app
13th February 2014, 04:36 PM   |  #8  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 24,409
 
13,296 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by klenamenis

If you want to use OmniROM, use TWRP instead of CWM/PhilZ recovery. Then do a factory reset and flash omni's zip found on dl.omnirom.org/n7000/. The zip already includes a kernel, if you want to use custom ones such as devil's, search for their threads here.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

N7000, along with most other GS2-family devices, can't change recovery without changing kernel.

Download the N7000 ZIP, flash it in CWM. It will fail to flash properly but SHOULD flash the kernel. If it does flash the kernel, reboot to recovery and you'll find yourself in TWRP. Flash, wipe, and go.

If CWM can't even flash the kernel, extract the boot.img from the ZIP and flash it with heimdall
15th February 2014, 07:01 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
I couldnt flash the kernal itself
It gives a mess saying " invalid signature "

And if i use philz touch it says error code 7



Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app
15th February 2014, 07:48 AM   |  #10  
AA1973's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Frankfurt
Thanks Meter: 8,676
 
5,543 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
You have to read a bit more instead of opening multiple threads for the same issue. You'll need root and a working CWM.

PhilZ kernel must be flashed from external SD within stock recovery 3e as update zip.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=31911682

Sent via GALAXY NOTE N7000 // KitKat

The Following User Says Thank You to AA1973 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes