Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara: Modified Android L and Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and software enthusiasts. The … more
Post Reply

[Q] Help needed!!!!

15th February 2014, 07:54 AM   |  #1  
Faiyaz5yaz's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
156 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Slim-galaxysmtd-4.3.build.2.2-OFFICIAL-1768
is this build stable ? how about battery ? and bugs ?
am compete noob ,,,
thanks in advance ,,
sorry for spamming
17th February 2014, 06:03 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Iasi-Cotnari
Thanks Meter: 6
 
124 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faiyaz5yaz

Slim-galaxysmtd-4.3.build.2.2-OFFICIAL-1768
is this build stable ? how about battery ? and bugs ?
am compete noob ,,,
thanks in advance ,,
sorry for spamming

of course it's stable, but there are some bad parts about jellybean. first, the battery life isn't that great, and secondly, the ram management is awful (after installing facebook and whatsapp, as an example, you will only have about 40-50 mb free ram). i would recommend you to flash CyanAOSP v2.9.0 4.4.2 kitkat + semaphore kernel. it has great battery life, it's blazing fast, and the ram management is perfect (about 160mb free ram with facebook and whatsapp installed).
17th February 2014, 06:23 PM   |  #3  
TeKnoGin's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 100
 
117 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
OK now since you talking about stability. SlimROMS are quite stable but there are better ROMs than slim ROMs such as Supernexus which I am currently using and seriously I haven't received a single bug. I am on KitKat version. Others are Mackay ROM, cyanogen mod latest nightly build, or cyanaosp which is good too. Even 4.3 was quite buggy.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
18th February 2014, 09:16 AM   |  #4  
Faiyaz5yaz's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
156 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
thanks for the responses!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeKnoGin

OK now since you talking about stability. SlimROMS are quite stable but there are better ROMs than slim ROMs such as Supernexus which I am currently using and seriously I haven't received a single bug. I am on KitKat version. Others are Mackay ROM, cyanogen mod latest nightly build, or cyanaosp which is good too. Even 4.3 was quite buggy.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

thanks for the responses..
i installed official cm 10.2.1.. and its working fine..
18th February 2014, 02:10 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
26 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Cyangenmod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faiyaz5yaz

thanks for the responses..
i installed official cm 10.2.1.. and its working fine..

I have used CM 10.2 and now using CM 11 and they both work fine , though I only use it on WiFi not cell service so can't comment on that. The CM 11 is still being developed so might be a few bugs here and there.
The Following User Says Thank You to platypoid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2014, 06:40 PM   |  #6  
Faiyaz5yaz's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
156 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
waiting
Quote:
Originally Posted by platypoid

I have used CM 10.2 and now using CM 11 and they both work fine , though I only use it on WiFi not cell service so can't comment on that. The CM 11 is still being developed so might be a few bugs here and there.

yea. waiting for stable release
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes