Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,682 Members 41,548 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Security Force Close i9505 Android 4.4.2

Tip us?

gwolfu
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Unhappy [Q] Security Force Close i9505 Android 4.4.2

Hi there,

Just installed the leaked 4.4.2 NA5 firmware on my i9505 and apparently whenever I click the security link in settings app, the settings app force closes. This seems to be a firmware problem. I just want to go there and enable installation of apk's from unknown locations. Anyone know a bypass or a fix?

Waiting for the reply.
I can be defined as --- the helping hand!

Phone:
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - SM-N9005 *

ROM:
Cyanogenmod 11

Repulsa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1890

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwolfu View Post
Hi there,

Just installed the leaked 4.4.2 NA5 firmware on my i9505 and apparently whenever I click the security link in settings app, the settings app force closes. This seems to be a firmware problem. I just want to go there and enable installation of apk's from unknown locations. Anyone know a bypass or a fix?

Waiting for the reply.
Is your phone rooted? i can help you solve this problem but im not allowed to post the file because i dont wanna end up breaking the rules so If your phone is rooted Feel free to Pm me and im not 100% sure if this file will work but atleast it work's for me tho . teehee.

Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.

Disclaimer "Proceed with extreme caution as i take no responsibility for any damages to your phone. Do it at your own Risk"

All 4.4.2 GT-I9505 Modem / LTE / Bootloader

Joery1983
Old
Thanks Meter 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwolfu View Post
Hi there,

Waiting for the reply.
Did you install complete firmware or just the modem and bootloader? You flashed Foxhound rom right? You'll need to flash complete stock 4.4.2 first wipe before and after flashing then check if everything works and after that you can flash a recovery and you can try to flash Foxhound again.

Be sure to wipe cache, dalvik and factory reset before and after you've flashed Foxhound

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk

ranger4740
Old
Thanks Meter 443
I had exactly the same issue this caused by still having old bootloader (no knox) if your using echoe rom, there is a work around available in the thread.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app
Update: 8th April 2014
Samsung Galaxy S4 👉😆😄Echoe rom v20😄😆👈
Still on old BMG4 Boobloader + FNBH Baseband.👍

semi-retired
HTC Desire HD
(Hboot 2.00.0029 AND S-OFF)
SVHD V 2.1.0

Retired HTC Legend

gwolfu
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger4740 View Post
I had exactly the same issue this caused by still having old bootloader (no knox) if your using echoe rom, there is a work around available in the thread.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app
Yep for some reason the new bootloader did not flash right
Managed to fix it now by flashing it again
I can be defined as --- the helping hand!

Phone:
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - SM-N9005 *

ROM:
Cyanogenmod 11