14th February 2014, 10:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Arad
Thanks Meter: 130

156 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi there,

Just installed the leaked 4.4.2 NA5 firmware on my i9505 and apparently whenever I click the security link in settings app, the settings app force closes. This seems to be a firmware problem. I just want to go there and enable installation of apk's from unknown locations. Anyone know a bypass or a fix?

Waiting for the reply.
14th February 2014, 10:52 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Your Mom's crib
Thanks Meter: 2,088

1,872 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwolfu

Hi there,

Just installed the leaked 4.4.2 NA5 firmware on my i9505 and apparently whenever I click the security link in settings app, the settings app force closes. This seems to be a firmware problem. I just want to go there and enable installation of apk's from unknown locations. Anyone know a bypass or a fix?

Waiting for the reply.

Is your phone rooted? i can help you solve this problem but im not allowed to post the file because i dont wanna end up breaking the rules so If your phone is rooted Feel free to Pm me and im not 100% sure if this file will work but atleast it work's for me tho . teehee.
15th February 2014, 09:15 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 265

436 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwolfu

Hi there,

Waiting for the reply.

Did you install complete firmware or just the modem and bootloader? You flashed Foxhound rom right? You'll need to flash complete stock 4.4.2 first wipe before and after flashing then check if everything works and after that you can flash a recovery and you can try to flash Foxhound again.

Be sure to wipe cache, dalvik and factory reset before and after you've flashed Foxhound

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk
15th February 2014, 11:16 AM   |  #4  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 446

1,458 posts
More
I had exactly the same issue this caused by still having old bootloader (no knox) if your using echoe rom, there is a work around available in the thread.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app
15th February 2014, 11:35 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Arad
Thanks Meter: 130

156 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger4740

I had exactly the same issue this caused by still having old bootloader (no knox) if your using echoe rom, there is a work around available in the thread.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app

Yep for some reason the new bootloader did not flash right
Managed to fix it now by flashing it again
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread