Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,248 Members 37,933 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery Replacement Recommendations

Tip us?

whatagonad
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Battery Replacement Recommendations

This thing looks reasonably easy to replace the battery.My Mrs who has this phone is complaining about the battery life in her phone. I've seen a few larger capacity batteries which sound like a good idea but I guess there are lots of rubbish ones out there. Any experiences out there?

fx-5280
Old
Thanks Meter 0

Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app

crashoverride2786
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Highly not recommended to use any other batteries than OEM / Sony. And there a lot of cheap batteries out there which claim to have 2000-2500ma. Also it is not that easy to remove the battery. I have an Acro S and it is sealed tight!

Dr Goodvibes
Old
Thanks Meter 623
Battery Low Xperia LT26 Replacment Battery

Firstly, any non-OEM replacement battery for most early Sony Android phones(those I have tested) do not report temperature.
This is not good for a phone that can often run at high temperatures and where apps/system rely on battery temperature for system controls.
Mugen Power has also confirmed to me that their Sony replacement batteries do not provide temperature to the system controls.

You can replace the battery in the Sony Xperia S, but you do need to take some care, that no ribbon cables are damaged in doing so.
The Xperia S is not water resident and doesn't have any 'seals' to contend with when gaining access to the battery.

I have tested a 'cheap' PISEN BA800 1700mAh battery in an Xperia S and it gave comparable performance to the original BA800 1700mAh battery. The overall long term life of the battery could be another story.

There are many replacement batteries for the Xperia S, but I'd stay will clear of any battery claiming 2000mAh and above.
They're cheap for a reason.

I have long speculated (but never tested) that the Mugen Power BA800 1800mAh battery for the Xperia V (LT25) would work in an Xperia S (LT26).
Please do your own research on this, before any purchase.

I would only recommend an original Sony BA800 replacement battery for the Xperia S (LT26).

kilk3nny
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have friends who tried to change battery (not on XperiaS) and someone had a fine feedback. But other had many many many problems with temperature, indication on phone and one exploded!!!
Many times i thought to change my battery too, but I don't really trusted to put this change. If you try, please write your feedback!!

DekinGBar
Old
Thanks Meter 48
So what do you recommend guys?I really really need a battery,like ASAP!So if someone could please give me an idea of what to search for,or instead gives me a link or something,I would really appreciate it!Thanks!

AnrgKrshn
Old
Thanks Meter 181
MPJ has a 2500 mah battery for the xs. It seems to have only positive reviews. I don't know how they managed to squeeze in 2500 mah in the same dimensions as our 1750 unit....
**** SONY and **** stock, All Hail RaymanFX! CM FTW!

Bonator
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey everbody!

This is my first post on xda ever! I'm currently into that topic... I tested one battery a few days ago claiming to have 2680mah capacity! It says something like Gold battery bla bla... Well I DON'T RECOMMEND THIS BATTERY! It has nowhere near that capacity... It is even worse than the original... Right now I have another one from a company called "extremecells". They are making a promise on their homepage saying that if you find another battery of the same size with more real capacity than theirs, they would give you 100! And that counts for all of their batteries... Well I ordered one 1750mah BA800 battery which I use right now and it is already much much better than the one before... I ordered another one from a site called batteryupgrade.com (or. org or something). There is a battery from Max Power claiming to contain 2100mah! That one is still on its way to me... I will keep you updated on that one when it arrives!

For now I can recommend the battery from extremecells!

Greetz

devillnside
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekinGBar View Post
So what do you recommend guys?I really really need a battery,like ASAP!So if someone could please give me an idea of what to search for,or instead gives me a link or something,I would really appreciate it!Thanks!
i replaced my SL's battery(i believe the model as written on the battery itself is: SP50KERA10) with a OEM BA800 & it's OK so far. No better than the original but not worse either. But I did that cuz I couldnt find an exact repalcement for this in my country. If its the same in your case then u cud try it out.

Bonator
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonator View Post
There is a battery from Max Power claiming to contain 2100mah! That one is still on its way to me... I will keep you updated on that one when it arrives!
I tested the battery and just like the other gold one it's garbage. Both fall from around 35% to 1% and then the phone shuts down and the batteries are empty... I put the original back in and downloaded an app called advanced bttery calibrator... it calibrates the battery and then shuts the phone down and wants you to load the battery to 100% while the phone is off... well somehow my phone boots up by itself after a short while... (like 10 minutes). My XS runs Carbon ROM Beta 9 now but had the same problem with cm10 FXP before... I try to go back to stock sony UI now and then I will see if the problem is still there... then I'll keep testing batteries again

Still recommend the extremecells battery or the original