Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,848 Members 36,663 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

XT910 Wifi issues

Tip us?

mcpdigital
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 110
Default XT910 Wifi issues

Hi, I've just received a Moto XT910 and was trying to make it work but it seems impossible.
What is happening with the wifi of this phone. When it connects, rare, it drops without transfering a single byte.
Is this normal for such an advanced phone, My motorola milestone 1 still works flawlessly as well as other 22 devices connected to this router.
Any light on this issue or it is just like that, pure rubbish wifi, most important thing in a phone those days.

thank you.
MCP
  • Galaxy Note 2 powered by: Samsung | KitKat 4 (4.4.2)
  • Galaxy Note 8 powered by: Samsung | yNote 0.9 (4.3)
  • Galaxy S2 I9100 (x2) powered by: SlimKat (4.4.2)
  • Galaxy Tab 2 7 (x2) powered by: SlimKat (4.4.2)
  • LG O2X powered by: Slimbean (4.3)
  • LG Opt.One (x2) powered by: SlimKat (4.4.2)
  • ChromeCast (x4) powered by: Eureka 2.0

hakarune
Old
Thanks Meter 94

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpdigital View Post
Hi, I've just received a Moto XT910 and was trying to make it work but it seems impossible.
What is happening with the wifi of this phone. When it connects, rare, it drops without transfering a single byte.
Is this normal for such an advanced phone, My motorola milestone 1 still works flawlessly as well as other 22 devices connected to this router.
Any light on this issue or it is just like that, pure rubbish wifi, most important thing in a phone those days.

thank you.
MCP
What ROM are you running or are you stock? Are you Rooted?

If you're rooted try going into /data/misc/WiFi and delete all the files inside WiFi and then reboot. Should fix the WiFi problem. Post back with results and more info if it does not fix it.
Phones:
  • [CDMA] Motorola Droid RazR Maxx - CM11 Nightly 1.02.14
  • HTC Incredible SLCD - CM9 - Turned to Cricket and Given away
  • Helio Kick Flip - Stock
Tablets:
  • ASUS Transformer Prime - AndroWook's HairyBean 1.51
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - Rooted Stock
The Following User Says Thank You to hakarune For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mcpdigital
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakarune View Post
What ROM are you running or are you stock? Are you Rooted?

If you're rooted try going into /data/misc/WiFi and delete all the files inside WiFi and then reboot. Should fix the WiFi problem. Post back with results and more info if it does not fix it.
Thanks for the suggestion. The phone is running the latest official 4.1.2 and is not rooted. If someday I decide to spend some time with this phone maybe I will root it, but what I heard about this phone is that wi-fi is pretty sub-par an full of problems.
This phone was supposed to be used by my youngest kid, and if wifi can present problems it will be a nightmare for me. For now I gave up using it in favor of the old trusty LG Optimus One. I really hate fixing things for the manufacturer, that got money and did not deliver a good equipment.
Lets see what Motorola can do after being sold again. After all the locked bootloaders, the hard time modding Moto stuff, I really do not see many good news for the future of this company.

Thanks
MCP
  • Galaxy Note 2 powered by: Samsung | KitKat 4 (4.4.2)
  • Galaxy Note 8 powered by: Samsung | yNote 0.9 (4.3)
  • Galaxy S2 I9100 (x2) powered by: SlimKat (4.4.2)
  • Galaxy Tab 2 7 (x2) powered by: SlimKat (4.4.2)
  • LG O2X powered by: Slimbean (4.3)
  • LG Opt.One (x2) powered by: SlimKat (4.4.2)
  • ChromeCast (x4) powered by: Eureka 2.0