Windows 8.1 Fastboot drivers not working now..

OP jwtrockz1998

14th February 2014, 10:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 20

176 posts
More
I have been using windows 8.1 for a few weeks now and have had no problems with using fastboot. ADB still works but when my HTC One is in fastboot mode windows does not recognize the driver at all. It has just happened randomly and Im not sure what I should try to get it working again as I need too because Im and selling the phone and need to flash the stock RUU.

Help would be much appreciated

Thanks
14th February 2014, 10:29 PM   |  #2  
Flag Camp Pendleton, CA
Thanks Meter: 914

1,074 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwtrockz1998

I have been using windows 8.1 for a few weeks now and have had no problems with using fastboot. ADB still works but when my HTC One is in fastboot mode windows does not recognize the driver at all. It has just happened randomly and Im not sure what I should try to get it working again as I need too because Im and selling the phone and need to flash the stock RUU.

Thanks

Did you happen to downgrade the HBOOT? I have 8.1 as well, and I've noticed that my One will only communicate on HBOOT 1.55/1.56, anything lower will not connect (i.e. 1.44), don't know why, I'm guessing a driver issue with the older HBOOTS. Luckily, I have dual booted Linux, so I was able to reflash my HBOOT back to 1.56, and it works with 8.1 again.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
Last edited by troby86; 14th February 2014 at 10:32 PM.
15th February 2014, 12:14 PM   |  #3  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 105

457 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks

u cannot flash RUU on win8.1
the phone needs to be on HBOOT 1.44, which for some reason, win8.1 is unable to recognize. ur solutions are
1) Use Win7 on another machine
2) Through Ubuntu Linux live CD. u don't need 2 install Ubuntu. Just through the live CD u can get the job done.
if ur gng 2 use Ubuntu, check out this link
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1119507

if ur not very familiar with Linux desktop operating systems, Win7 can easily do the job. Ensure that u install HTC Sync Manager on ur Win 7 PC, before u start the RUU flash. U will be stuck on Waiting for device...... if u don't install Sync Manager
15th February 2014, 12:51 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 2,996

6,040 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav kapur

u cannot flash RUU on win8.1
the phone needs to be on HBOOT 1.44, which for some reason, win8.1 is unable to recognize. ur solutions are
1) Use Win7 on another machine
2) Through Ubuntu Linux live CD. u don't need 2 install Ubuntu. Just through the live CD u can get the job done.
if ur gng 2 use Ubuntu, check out this link
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1119507

if ur not very familiar with Linux desktop operating systems, Win7 can easily do the job. Ensure that u install HTC Sync Manager on ur Win 7 PC, before u start the RUU flash. U will be stuck on Waiting for device...... if u don't install Sync Manager

Those are some really outdated instructions, IMHO
you just need use:
Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install android-tools-adb android-tools-fastboot
to install adb&fastboot on Ubuntu.

Quote:

Thanks

Check my guide ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2541082 ) under FAQ #5 on how to create an Ubuntu Live USB.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread