Hello, people, I have started developing a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Gio GT-S5660 based on AOSP 4.2.2 (MaclawMod).
Maclaw (for his AOSP 4.2.2 Gio build)
HerroYou (for supercharged services.jar)
DONATE TO SPEED UP DEVELOPMENT
FLS Installation(You need a Custom Recovery like CWM):
1 - Put GlassROM's FLS ZIP file and SuperSU-UPDATE(get from Attachments) in your SDCARD
2 - Reboot to Recovery
(2.1)OPTIONAL - Do a Nandroid Backup.
3 - Wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache and do a Factory Reset
4 - Flash the GlassROM ZIP.
5 - Reboot. Enjoy.
(6)OPTIONAL - Open XPOSED INSTALLER and install Xposed Framework. Enable any Modules and Reboot. If anything goes wrong because of Xposed, find the Xposed Disabler ZIP in the root of your SD Card in your recovery and flash it.
(7)OPTIONAL - For the Ubuntu Fonts, get the UOT-02-16-21-45-1.zip file from Attachments and flash it!
1) Extract the folder inside the NAN ZIP file to /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup
2) Reboot to CWM
3) Select Backup and Restore
4) Select Restore
5) Select the Backup Folder you extracted before
6) Done! Enjoy! This is pre-rooted, and has Xposed Framework already enabled!
*Removed ES File Explorer
*Added AROMA Installer
*Added root permissions (SuperSU)
*Added MA6 Kernel
*Added CM10.1's Calculator App (looks the same, but has more stuff, like a graphing calculator)
*Added supercharged services.jar (by HerroYou)
*Removed Youtube and Google Talk apps to make ROM smaller (they can be installed through Play Store)
*Removed useless files to make ROM smaller
* Added NAN ZIP file in addition to FLS (NOTE: FLS= Flashable, NAN= Nandroid)
* Removed Terminal Emulator
* Tweaked Build.prop
* Added XAD, Alternate App Picker and Advanced Power Menu Modules(Must be enabled inside ROM)
* Added ES File Explorer
* Removed ChainDD's Superuser
* Added Xposed Installer
Technology has put life on the fast track. Whether its travelling to multiple places or … more
28 Aug 2014
By Faiz Malkani
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?