[Q] former Samsung/Motorola flash addict seeking assistance with HTC!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well it depends what version your on. If your on if your on 4.2 yes you can, if your on 4.3 not at the moment, unless you can find a 2.10.605.1 ruu somewhere. I would use firewater to get s-off then you can flash an older ruu and take the otas. If you take the kk ota before you get s-off, you risk the chance of firewater not working, and then your stuck without root untill a new exploit is found.
    Sounds like they unlocked it, flashed a custom rom, and then relocked it. I would use firewatter to get unlocked again and s-off. http://firewater-soff.com/instructions/. Not sure if you could flash in that state or not, but im guessing no.
    I would boot into fastboot and see if you can fast boot flash a different recovery before going through the hastle of using the firewater soff exploit

Never did that before...will see what I can find on Google! Need to figure this out, making me mad.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
    [/QUOTE]

Its pretty easy. first obviously make sure you have debugging enabled then Install this package http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2317790
    Then download a recovery IMG from the original dev section and put it in the same folder as where the minimal adb and fastboot package extracted too. Run the batch for minimal that opens a command prompt to that directory.
    Type: adb devices(to make sure it sees your phone)
    Next: adb reboot bootloader
    Next: you will see bootloader options type: fastboot oem rebootRUU (it is case sensitive)
    Next: wait for HTC logo on black background to show up and then type: fastboot flash recovery (IMG filename with extension. IE: twrp.IMG)
    Example: fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
    Next: fastboot reboot
    After it boots up reboot into recovery and see if it changed recoveries although you should know when you fastboot flash if it went. It should tell you successful or fail.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk