Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,174 Members 36,002 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] APX mode backup

Tip us?

IcePee
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] APX mode backup

Ello,

This is my first post!

I've just bought a Asus TF701t and I want to install CROMi-X. I've already done a Nandbackup using CWM booted from fastboot so I still have the stock recovery. However I hear that this tablet allows for a much lower level of backup using APX. Before I do any further changes to this tablet I would like to backup the boot loader.

Is this possible? All the tutorials are for older Transformers.

I'm currently on 10.26.1.18 bootloader with Stock rom.

Thanks...

IcePee
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question Read the FAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcePee View Post
Ello,

This is my first post!

I've just bought a Asus TF701t and I want to install CROMi-X. I've already done a Nandbackup using CWM booted from fastboot so I still have the stock recovery. However I hear that this tablet allows for a much lower level of backup using APX. Before I do any further changes to this tablet I would like to backup the boot loader.

Is this possible? All the tutorials are for older Transformers.

I'm currently on 10.26.1.18 bootloader with Stock rom.

Thanks...
Ooops, I just read: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2554744. Doh! Newbie mistake.

This leads to my next question Does anyone know if we will be getting this feature?

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 12,928

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcePee View Post
Ooops, I just read: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2554744. Doh! Newbie mistake.

This leads to my next question Does anyone know if we will be getting this feature?
It took a very long time to get nvflash working on Android 4.2.1 on the TF201, TF300 and TF700. As we have fewer devs working on the TF701 I would say you have zero chance of seeing anything insode the next 6 months.

As long as you follow the guides it is hard to brick. If unsure ask first And NEVER wipe from the BOOTLOADER. EVER.
The Following User Says Thank You to sbdags For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

IcePee
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Smile OK, going for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags View Post
It took a very long time to get nvflash working on Android 4.2.1 on the TF201, TF300 and TF700. As we have fewer devs working on the TF701 I would say you have zero chance of seeing anything insode the next 6 months.

As long as you follow the guides it is hard to brick. If unsure ask first And NEVER wipe from the BOOTLOADER. EVER.
Thanks for getting back to me this quickly.

OK, I'm going for it! I've already done a wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition. Let's see where we get to...

IcePee
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs up Result!

Just to let you know I've successfully installed the CROMi-X firmware. It went very smoothly once I could get it going. I kept having problems installing from the keyboard dock's SDCard reader. It kept failing the initial checksum process. I switched to a higher capacity MicroSD in the internal reader and it went on without a hitch.
The Following User Says Thank You to IcePee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]