Temporary Touch Screen Fix

Search This thread

Josh.L.Wang

Aug 26, 2012
So I just recently updated to Nut 's .136 firmware. Sadly the touch screen issue is still there. I have found a temporary solution though. For me, the problem is surely software based. When the touch screen gets buggy, a reboot will always fix it.

I have an app call Fast Reboot Pro installed, which restarts your system without actually restart your phone. I set the app to automatically do a "reboot" every time I unlock the screen. Whenever my screen starts acting buggy, I would just turn off the screen and unlock it.

This seems to fix the problem momentarily. I still hope someone can find a way to fix this for real though.

Sent from my C6902 using xda premium

El.Guaje

Nov 29, 2010
Ho Chi Minh
So I just recently updated to Nut 's .136 firmware. Sadly the touch screen issue is still there. I have found a temporary solution though. For me, the problem is surely software based. When the touch screen gets buggy, a reboot will always fix it.

I have an app call Fast Reboot Pro installed, which restarts your system without actually restart your phone. I set the app to automatically do a "reboot" every time I unlock the screen. Whenever my screen starts acting buggy, I would just turn off the screen and unlock it.

This seems to fix the problem momentarily. I still hope someone can find a way to fix this for real though.

This was what I've done to my past Z1... But it's still annoying so I decided to sell it and waiting for Sirius or Z2.

This issue is exactly same as Xperia SP... But SP's issue is worse than Z1.

HtcOneJon

Dec 5, 2013

May I ask what is wrong with the touchscreen on your phone? Although I dread to ask hehe.

Josh.L.Wang

Aug 26, 2012
The place I touched is not necessarily where the sensor "thinks" I touched. Or sometimes the screen just goes crazy without me touching anything.

Qefx

May 28, 2013
My phone stops recognizing touches and restarts at same spot (thats why swype shows trail, but write scrumbled letters) I get really pisssed. I hope they fix it in 4.4 or I will never buy sony again. (looks like anyway only nexus devices or similar. Cause of all the "anti-modding" attitude of producers)

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
I update to stock .136 and I can't reproduce it anymore. The issue was there on .290 today, I updated and I don't know what to do to get it back, I miss my favorite problem. :D
BTW, I receive yesterday the phone and in Sony Center they couldn't find the problem and they scratched my phone everywhere, I tested typing *#*#7378423#*#* and it was there again, the worst service I ever had.

chunlianghere

Oct 22, 2011
I update to stock .136 and I can't reproduce it anymore. The issue was there on .290 today, I updated and I don't know what to do to get it back, I miss my favorite problem. :D
BTW, I receive yesterday the phone and in Sony Center they couldn't find the problem and they scratched my phone everywhere, I tested typing *#*#7378423#*#* and it was there again, the worst service I ever had.

on mine(136) it happens on normal usage, like web surfing(scroll up n down), gaming(dead trigger 2).

mayb u use it normally like wat i mention n report back?

Kyrius

Jun 11, 2010
Graz
i get the same problems. It happens during writing on keyboard and browsing on facebook app, imgur app ...

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
I already play N.O.V.A and some games and still not have the problem after update to .136. I also can put my phone on the bed and use it with one finger. I hope it will stay in this way forever.

Reactions: wanderbracht

feddexx69

Jul 8, 2013
i havent been able to reproduce it with .136 since i changed screen protector, no ASF, can't use bare screen because problem is maximized, happier than ever with this phone

Sent from my C6906 using xda app-developers app

marc_ecko28

May 23, 2013
Tried this app and so far it works as far as I know...

Btw Im on it for 2 days..

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I already play N.O.V.A and some games and still not have the problem after update to .136. I also can put my phone on the bed and use it with one finger. I hope it will stay in this way forever.
    is yours using the default ASF?

You mean Anti-Shatter Film, Yes, I got the phone with that one and I put on it another one, so I got double screen protector and it's very responsive and working fine, at the moment. :)