Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,054 Members 46,187 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Updated to KitKat unrooted. Write protection is still off???

Tip us?

phatscientist
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Updated to KitKat unrooted. Write protection is still off???

Just wondering if this is of any benefit. I used jcases method to keep root on kk but experienced some issues that required me to reflash the system. Now I am stuck unrooted on kk. I noticed that the write protection is still off. It returns (0) in adb. Could I use this to regain root somehow

Sent with my 4.4 XT1030 unrooted
The Following User Says Thank You to phatscientist For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eakazakov
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Same here on XT1080M!

jkhouw1
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatscientist View Post
Just wondering if this is of any benefit. I used jcases method to keep root on kk but experienced some issues that required me to reflash the system. Now I am stuck unrooted on kk. I noticed that the write protection is still off. It returns (0) in adb. Could I use this to regain root somehow

unfortunately AFAIK you are stuck unrooted and there is no way to regain root if you reflashed system, even with write protection off.

nubia11
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatscientist View Post

Pm me i will help you get rooted.... DON'T DO ANYTHING ELSE.. Pm me you will get rooted!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Old
Thanks Meter 10
same Droid Mini XT1030, reflashed system, write protection is still off, no root...

nubia11
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Pm me and I will help

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk