Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,417 Members 39,253 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HELP! Im bricked!

Tip us?

Hodgesdroid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Question HELP! Im bricked!

Ok its a at&t i337 4.3 MK2.. I've been running safestrap with the deadly venom rom & was very pleased bur decited to try another rom..so I downloaded Darthstar & was using it..i didn't like it as much as deadly venom so I rebooted to load the deadly venom rom slot but safestrap wont load..its like its not installed.. I start my phone & it goes to the Samsung galaxy s4 logo screen & thats all it will do..i can restart it while holding home & voume and it will let me do wipes & resets & load things from the sd card or abd I guess or i Can restart While holding volume down & it will let me load stuff via odin but i dont really know what im doing or what to do...i need help bad..this is my only phone & its my home business number & im probably missing important calls..where do I start? what do I need to do to unbrick this thing? Help me please....joe

rob_pasq
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Easy now, you're not bricked. If you can get into recovery or download mode, you can reflash and get it running. I'm not familiar with AT&T so not really sure if you can just reflash latest firmware for them or not. If you can, just start from scratch and then re-install your apps or venom again. If you have an nandroid backup, of your working rom or original firmware, (always a good idea ), then you should be okay. You are NOT bricked.
The Following User Says Thank You to rob_pasq For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SelfElevated2
Old
Thanks Meter 253
Yeah your definitely not bricked. I'm not familiar with safe strap. But if you can't get safestrap to boot you can Odin stock mk2 and your phone will be like its just coming out of the box.

Hodgesdroid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Ok..not bricked..thats good news.lol..so i can use odin..should I try to flash in the factory mk2 recovery tar file if so is there a how to somewhere on it? Im not familiar with odin..thanks for the help guys..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jd1639
Old
(Last edited by jd1639; 15th February 2014 at 04:44 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgesdroid View Post
Ok..not bricked..thats good news.lol..so i can use odin..should I try to flash in the factory mk2 recovery tar file if so is there a how to somewhere on it? Im not familiar with odin..thanks for the help guys..

Read this thread. It should help. On page 4 is a screen shot of odin. You'll put the tar file in the PDA slot of odin http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49687770

Ps, Google Odin ver 1.85 and use that.
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ted77usa
Old
(Last edited by ted77usa; 15th February 2014 at 07:39 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3064

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgesdroid View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
Read this thread. It should help. On page 4 is a screen shot of odin. You'll put the tar file in the PDA slot of odin http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49687770Ps, Google Odin ver 1.85 and use that.

Actually If you follow my thread on POST#2 there is guide on how to with image and I also added Odin v3.185
| ★ MK2 ★ FULL ODIN TAR FILES ★ MK2 ★ | ★ UNBRICKED ★ Feb.06.2014 ★ | @Hodgesdroid check Deadly Venom v1.3.9 POST#4 for Safestrap guide and instruction....... BTW first thing u should check when u installing new rom either u created rom slot 1 or installing to stock slot is ..MAKE SURE U HAVE SAFESTRAP.APK INSTALLED AND INSTALL RECOVERY FROM SAFESTRAP.APK

Swyped From MK2 Dark Venom SS Edition
The Following User Says Thank You to ted77usa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]