Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 52,244 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Black MHL To HDMI HDTV Adapter OTG Card Reader Connection Kit

Tip us?

glimpsofreality
Old
(Last edited by glimpsofreality; 14th February 2014 at 04:50 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Default Black MHL To HDMI HDTV Adapter OTG Card Reader Connection Kit

Hello Guys,

I don't know is should start this thread or not, just thought i should share this amazing device.

It let you connect to HDMI without external power, also if you use external power you can use HDMI and USB hard drive at the same time, it is just really really amazing, Sammy has really improved their MHL and OTG support.

Note: I am using this device on my Note 3 N9005 I am not sure about other devices

bertmansk
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Cost? Where to buy?

glimpsofreality
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertmansk View Post
Cost? Where to buy?
Only 6.59 free postage from Amazon, just got to way couple of weeks to get it delivered, but its worth it

myself11
Old
Thanks Meter 262
Mhl 2.0?
Nexus 5 - Ipad Air - Kindle PW 2

filthimoney
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Iv been dealing with these for about a year now. From my s3 to my note 3. With the s3 it's 2.0 so you have to provide external power but these things are the tits when it comes to the note 3 with 3.0 you can run USB and HDMI without power. I play games and use it for work with all wireless accessories it's awesome. Supports 1080p at 60hrtz. We sell them in our repair shop and on Ebay. Not often though as "normal" people don't see the capabilities of this lol.
Go buy one their awesome.

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app

orphagn
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Is there something like this that has a port for charging? I wanted something like this to hook up to a monitor or an HDTV so I could play my emulators on a big screen.

jazzmachine
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by orphagn View Post
Is there something like this that has a port for charging? I wanted something like this to hook up to a monitor or an HDTV so I could play my emulators on a big screen.
It's not immediately apparent, but the device pictured (and others like it, one of which I have) do have a port for charging: the micro usb. When I got mine it took me a minute to realize that, then it hit me that power would really be the only use for that port. So I plug one of my Sammy charging cables into it during use.
The Following User Says Thank You to jazzmachine For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

orphagn
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzmachine View Post
It's not immediately apparent, but the device pictured (and others like it, one of which I have) do have a port for charging: the micro usb. When I got mine it took me a minute to realize that, then it hit me that power would really be the only use for that port. So I plug one of my Sammy charging cables into it during use.
Oh, derp. I didn't even see the small port there, looked like a small microSD card slot. Thanks for pointing that out!