Lg g pad unrooting

OP dafonehacker

15th February 2014, 11:31 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15

130 posts
More
Hi
I'm looking to buy an LG G Pad 8.3, but I first want to know some things. I currently have an iPad 4th generation, but I want to switch to android. I plan on rooting it and installing custom roms and such, but I am still considering if I should buy a nexus 7 or a G Pad. I think the Nexus 7 dev. community is bigger, but In my opinion the screen is just a little bit too small, so I am considering the G Pad. Really the rom I tend to use is Cyanogenmod, and I saw there is an official build for the G Pad. I just need to know: is it possible to COMPLETELY UNROOT the G Pad for warranty purposes? Unlike for example KNOX on samsung devices? Does the G Pad have a root flag or something like that and if so, is it resettable? That is really the only thing holding me of of buying one.

Thanks in advance

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met behulp van Tapatalk
15th February 2014, 01:34 PM   |  #2  
Flag Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 92

327 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafonehacker

Hi
I'm looking to buy an LG G Pad 8.3, but I first want to know some things. I currently have an iPad 4th generation, but I want to switch to android. I plan on rooting it and installing custom roms and such, but I am still considering if I should buy a nexus 7 or a G Pad. I think the Nexus 7 dev. community is bigger, but In my opinion the screen is just a little bit too small, so I am considering the G Pad. Really the rom I tend to use is Cyanogenmod, and I saw there is an official build for the G Pad. I just need to know: is it possible to COMPLETELY UNROOT the G Pad for warranty purposes? Unlike for example KNOX on samsung devices? Does the G Pad have a root flag or something like that and if so, is it resettable? That is really the only thing holding me of of buying one.

Thanks in advance

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met behulp van Tapatalk

See this thread.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2554121
15th February 2014, 03:26 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15

130 posts
More
Yeah, I saw that tread, but will unrooting that way fully revert warranty? There are no root flags or flash counters left behind (if there are any)?
15th February 2014, 04:39 PM   |  #4  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 52

218 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafonehacker

Yeah, I saw that tread, but will unrooting that way fully revert warranty? There are no root flags or flash counters left behind (if there are any)?

gpad doesnt have a flash counter like samsung's devices, so all you have to do is either use lg mobile support tool (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2471370) or flash tool (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2543350) to revert back to full stock, both rom and recovery
The Following User Says Thank You to katsika For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th February 2014, 05:51 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 18

42 posts
If you want to go to stock rom you can and is easy with lg app for desktop.I done this allready once from twrp and cm11. After that on stock firmware I was able to upgrade from 50010a to 50010b version without any prob. Apart from that I suspect that same files left on my tablet from cm11 and twrp wich are not used but will show to a tehnician if my tablet was rooted (this are only my suspicions, I do not have same evidence on this), I do not am very familiarized with the android structure and fikes on internal memory .

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to json30 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread