XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Working Android 4.4 ROMs

Tip us?

mkhan231
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Working Android 4.4 ROMs

Hey guys, so I was just wondering if there's any working Cyanogenmod 11 based ROMs that are fully functioning and stable for the most part on the Glacier. I've checked the development thread and none of the 4.4 ROMs are any good and Albinoman doesn't even respond to my messages about him porting CM 11 to the phone. Thanks for any suggestions.

unqualified
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkhan231 View Post
Hey guys, so I was just wondering if there's any working Cyanogenmod 11 based ROMs that are fully functioning and stable for the most part on the Glacier. I've checked the development thread and none of the 4.4 ROMs are any good and Albinoman doesn't even respond to my messages about him porting CM 11 to the phone. Thanks for any suggestions.
There are a few 4.4s and one CM11 I'm aware of at this point (LegacyCarbon, Evervolv, and keifus.rahn's CM 11), but they are early previews - not stable. If you want fully functioning & stable daily driver you may have to go back to ICS. Otherwise there will be a few bugs. That's just how it is. If you want the bleeding edge, you have to either live with bugs or be part of the development and help the developers fix some of the issues.

Hopefully Albinoman887 does decide to port CM 11 to glacier eventually, his CM10.2 is pretty solid if you haven't tried it. But I would really avoid nagging him, otherwise he may want to just avoid the Glacier community.
Phone: HTC Glacier/MyTouch 4g
DD ROM: ICS Stepp_aospX 1.0.0-MR2 FINAL

mkhan231
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by unqualified View Post
There are a few 4.4s and one CM11 I'm aware of at this point (LegacyCarbon, Evervolv, and keifus.rahn's CM 11), but they are early previews - not stable. If you want fully functioning & stable daily driver you may have to go back to ICS. Otherwise there will be a few bugs. That's just how it is. If you want the bleeding edge, you have to either live with bugs or be part of the development and help the developers fix some of the issues.

Hopefully Albinoman887 does decide to port CM 11 to glacier eventually, his CM10.2 is pretty solid if you haven't tried it. But I would really avoid nagging him, otherwise he may want to just avoid the Glacier community.
I just decided to give up on the Glacier. I decided to order a Galaxy Nexus. More variety of ROMs. But still, its a shame that this phone may reach its death with development from what I'm seeing.

N_otori0us_
Old
Thanks Meter 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkhan231 View Post
I just decided to give up on the Glacier. I decided to order a Galaxy Nexus. More variety of ROMs. But still, its a shame that this phone may reach its death with development from what I'm seeing.
You could help development.

I might try porting cyanogen 11; I was previously trying to port taktiK, but then my glacier was dead. I could put up test builds though, I hate doing it though.
My Phone: HTC Panache
ROM : [PORT] AoCP 5.8 (4.2.2)
Recovery : 4EXT 1.0.0.5 RC8

Memorable ROMs: ShenduOS, AoCP, Cyanogen7, SlimBean

I'm learning

If I've helped you, press that thanks button down there, it makes me happy

mkhan231
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by N_otori0us_ View Post
You could help development.

I might try porting cyanogen 11; I was previously trying to port taktiK, but then my glacier was dead. I could put up test builds though, I hate doing it though.
I'd think KitKat will run okay on it. My only problem is the battery life.

md1008
Old
Thanks Meter 225
I will be getting mytouch 4g and a a decent laptop. I want to learn how to begin developing for android. Would you be able to help with questions I may have N_oTori0us_?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

Mytouch will be for mp3 player and tinkering that I could take on more risk with out fear of bricking

The Following User Says Thank You to md1008 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

N_otori0us_
Old
Thanks Meter 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by md1008 View Post
I will be getting mytouch 4g and a a decent laptop. I want to learn how to begin developing for android. Would you be able to help with questions I may have N_oTori0us_?

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

Mytouch will be for mp3 player and tinkering that I could take on more risk with out fear of bricking

Of course I would

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My Phone: HTC Panache
ROM : [PORT] AoCP 5.8 (4.2.2)
Recovery : 4EXT 1.0.0.5 RC8

Memorable ROMs: ShenduOS, AoCP, Cyanogen7, SlimBean

I'm learning

If I've helped you, press that thanks button down there, it makes me happy

The Following User Says Thank You to N_otori0us_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]