Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,700 Members 43,393 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Battery life on the Tab Pro 8.4

Tip us?

msavic6
Old
Thanks Meter 437
Im waiting on some more reviews before I determine my final judgement on this tablet.
Unfortunately after seeing the iPad Air's battery life first hand, it is hard to be impressed by 7:30 screen on time which in reality will be a lot less than that.
Apple places a conservative estimation of battery life on the iPad at 10 hours yet the iPad exceeds those estimates in pretty much all reviews and user opinions.
I have gotten fed up with these estimates provided by Android tablet manufacturers, Samsung mentions 12 hours of multimedia playback yet the devices lasts for barely 60% of that in its first test.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

XDAKhan
Old
(Last edited by XDAKhan; 12th February 2014 at 12:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by msavic6 View Post
Im waiting on some more reviews before I determine my final judgement on this tablet.
Unfortunately after seeing the iPad Air's battery life first hand, it is hard to be impressed by 7:30 screen on time which in reality will be a lot less than that.
Apple places a conservative estimation of battery life on the iPad at 10 hours yet the iPad exceeds those estimates in pretty much all reviews and user opinions.
I have gotten fed up with these estimates provided by Android tablet manufacturers, Samsung mentions 12 hours of multimedia playback yet the devices lasts for barely 60% of that in its first test.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
I will wait too but one thing is already clear: Running times won't be impressive.

Samsung is playing with fire here.

While this whole tab thing was in inception/infancy it was OK to come short on this (...or tapping the "models explosion" approach...). People would go "it's OK, they're probing approaches".

But as "mobile devicery" reaches it's adult stage, with users approaching the acquisition of models the same way they do the replacement of their TV sets, refrigerators or cars, they running the palpable risk of having users deep imprinting the notion: "Samsung...Yeah, they're OK but their running times suck".

Once this mind set reaches the majority of the potential market there will be no turning back. It won't matter then that they come up with a tab or a smartphone that can run 5 days without recharging, it will still be perceived as "Meh!".

American cars were once found to be "gas guzzlers". It doesn't matter that the US auto industry now makes models as frugal as anyone else. Worldwide consumers still perceive them that way and that is killing the perfect option US auto makers could resort to in order to swiftly circumvent the disaster that befell upon them: Neutralize domestic sales drops by going global.

XK

Class_of_punk26
Old
Thanks Meter 16
6 he's isn't that bad that's what I get with my nexus 7 2013 so its normal

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

msavic6
Old
Thanks Meter 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Class_of_punk26 View Post
6 he's isn't that bad that's what I get with my nexus 7 2013 so its normal

6 hrs is not bad on its own but when other devices can get nearly double that, it becomes pretty pathetic.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Class_of_punk26
Old
Thanks Meter 16
That's true but this is kinda my only option cuz I have to have the latest processor and best screen and graphics at a cheap price so I can finally get rid of my laggy nexus 7