Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,470 Members 40,899 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Multitouch issue?

Tip us?

hexxor93
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Multitouch issue?

Hi people

I've only just got my Butterfly s recently and I am getting some strange touchscreen issues. When I'm typing on the onscreen keyboard it just jumps randomlly as if the screen got confused as to where I touched on the screen. My phone is running the MaximusHD 11.0.0 rom at the moment.

The strange thing is my Galaxy note 2 and my Nexus 5 don't have this problem. Anyone had any issues with the touchscreen?
Need to stop buying new phones :P

Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Xperia Ion, HTC One mini, Nokia N8, Omnia HD

elf_made
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexxor93 View Post
Hi people

I've only just got my Butterfly s recently and I am getting some strange touchscreen issues. When I'm typing on the onscreen keyboard it just jumps randomlly as if the screen got confused as to where I touched on the screen. My phone is running the MaximusHD 11.0.0 rom at the moment.

The strange thing is my Galaxy note 2 and my Nexus 5 don't have this problem. Anyone had any issues with the touchscreen?
I don't have this problem with my Butterfly S but I've had this problem with my Desire S...It seemed that was a hardware problem with the touchscreen... But first you need to do a factory reset or reinstall rom before getting to my conclusion

FYL21
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Hi people

I have this problem on stock rom on Android 4.3 and I think it's a hardware issue like the ghost touch problem a lot of people have also described. It only happens if I type really fast.
HTC Butterfly s 901e
HTC One X+ Telus LTE (screen scratched and dust gets into camera sensor )

Both on stock roms

hexxor93
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Glad I'm not the only one, guessing there isn't any fixes though?
Need to stop buying new phones :P

Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Xperia Ion, HTC One mini, Nokia N8, Omnia HD

seyidaga
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Quote:
Hi people

Same problem here But I haven't seen that bug happen on the SkyDragon ROM so far
HTC Butterfly S - Insertcoin ; HTC One X - Cyanogenmod (Dead) ; Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - Stock (Don't buy, sucks ass)

"In brightest day, in blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight.

Let those who worship evil's might, Beware my power, Green Lantern's light!"
The Following User Says Thank You to seyidaga For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]