Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,235 Members 51,711 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Multitouch issue?

Tip us?

hexxor93
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Multitouch issue?

Hi people

I've only just got my Butterfly s recently and I am getting some strange touchscreen issues. When I'm typing on the onscreen keyboard it just jumps randomlly as if the screen got confused as to where I touched on the screen. My phone is running the MaximusHD 11.0.0 rom at the moment.

The strange thing is my Galaxy note 2 and my Nexus 5 don't have this problem. Anyone had any issues with the touchscreen?
Need to stop buying new phones :P

Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Xperia Ion, HTC One mini, Nokia N8, Omnia HD

elf_made
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexxor93 View Post
Hi people

I've only just got my Butterfly s recently and I am getting some strange touchscreen issues. When I'm typing on the onscreen keyboard it just jumps randomlly as if the screen got confused as to where I touched on the screen. My phone is running the MaximusHD 11.0.0 rom at the moment.

The strange thing is my Galaxy note 2 and my Nexus 5 don't have this problem. Anyone had any issues with the touchscreen?
I don't have this problem with my Butterfly S but I've had this problem with my Desire S...It seemed that was a hardware problem with the touchscreen... But first you need to do a factory reset or reinstall rom before getting to my conclusion

FYL21
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Hi people

I have this problem on stock rom on Android 4.3 and I think it's a hardware issue like the ghost touch problem a lot of people have also described. It only happens if I type really fast.
HTC Butterfly s 901e
HTC One X+ Telus LTE (screen scratched and dust gets into camera sensor )

Both on stock roms

hexxor93
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Glad I'm not the only one, guessing there isn't any fixes though?
Need to stop buying new phones :P

Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Xperia Ion, HTC One mini, Nokia N8, Omnia HD

seyidaga
Old
Thanks Meter 124
Quote:
Hi people

Same problem here But I haven't seen that bug happen on the SkyDragon ROM so far
HTC Butterfly S - Insertcoin ; HTC One X - Cyanogenmod (Dead) ; Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - Stock (Don't buy, sucks ass)

"With blood and rage of crimson red, Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,

Together with our hellish hate, We'll burn you all--that is your fate!"
The Following User Says Thank You to seyidaga For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]