Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,679 Members 42,709 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] M.O.A.R 8.0 Install issue

Tip us?

Awelshhooligan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] M.O.A.R 8.0 Install issue

Have been running MOAR 7.1.0 NO ISSUES..... Did a clean flash to 8.0 , full reset, and wipe also delvik wipe.....Rom Installed with installer and went to google startup.......Added Wifi info and google info and went through all steps as usual. Error message saying setup stopped working....and a message saying light engine not working. All of the rom booted to my knowledge but the homescreens were not working or visible and the app icons were not showing as well......Any ideas? tried it twice with the same result, I'm also using the MK3 Modem

Jessooca
Old
Thanks Meter 338
Do a fresh install, making sure to wipe the system this time as well as data, cache and dalvik. If you're not on Philz recovery, use it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.

Awelshhooligan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I did a system reset/wipe......and I'm using clockwork as a recovery

Awelshhooligan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Just wondering if anyone had a fix yet for this?????????????????????????????????

prboy1969
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awelshhooligan View Post
Have been running MOAR 7.1.0 NO ISSUES..... Did a clean flash to 8.0 , full reset, and wipe also delvik wipe.....Rom Installed with installer and went to google startup.......Added Wifi info and google info and went through all steps as usual. Error message saying setup stopped working....and a message saying light engine not working. All of the rom booted to my knowledge but the homescreens were not working or visible and the app icons were not showing as well......Any ideas? tried it twice with the same result, I'm also using the MK3 Modem
I would suggest starting fresh. Download the Rom again. Verify the MD5 checksum. Make sure you download via WiFi, or hardline. Do a Full wipe : System, Data, Cache, Dalvik Cahce, Factory Reset. I personally would also wipe Internal Storage, but that's up to you. Flash the Rom, and reboot. First boot on MOAR takes a few minutes, have patience. After it boots try to really limit the amount of data you restore.

bricker1
Old
Thanks Meter 9
i ran the moar rom for a while. i flashed it with philz touch it will clean for a rom install, its an option in the menu. hope you dont have an issue with sound. it couldve been a bad download