Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,220 Members 45,649 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to root C6903 14.2.A.1.136?

Tip us?

Alucarde
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question Clarification?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anakdayak View Post
What I'm doing is downgrade to 534 and root with Bin4ry and then upgrade to directly to136 without any issue all working fine using nut rom.Been using for a weeks now.Everything works fine.Hope this help for someone willing to upgrade to 136 after downgrade to 534.
1. Did you downgrade with the unofficial Flashtool? Also, did you use the NUTS FTF or the official FTF?

2. Root with Bin4ry? Is that a software?

3. How did you upgrade directly to .136? Via Sony Companion? FOTA? And is root access kept?

anakdayak
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucarde View Post
1. Did you downgrade with the unofficial Flashtool? Also, did you use the NUTS FTF or the official FTF?

3. How did you upgrade directly to .136? Via Sony Companion? FOTA? And is root access kept?
Go to NUT tread everything is there but u can skip from 534 to 290 and directly to 136 with full root.That's what I'm doing with full wipe.

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunlianghere View Post
@eclyptos yes my friend?
Again you give wrong advice, this is what I meant.

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Read before post, all threads explain and you asking always the same question. You want root, then there is no official way for it.

BTW, you can use all FTF which you like, I recommended the FTF by NUT because with that you will preserve your IMEI.

Quote:
Yes.

Quote:
To preserve Root you cannot use PC Companion, FOTA or anything like that, just Flashtool v.0.9.13 and update to .136. You can skip the Update to .290 and go directly to .136, both of them using the same method so go for .136.

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by anakdayak View Post
What I'm doing is downgrade to 534 and root with Bin4ry and then upgrade to directly to136 without any issue all working fine using nut rom.Been using for a weeks now.Everything works fine.Hope this help for someone willing to upgrade to 136 after downgrade to 534.
You can do this also in this way.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4

Alucarde
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks to all who chipped in to help. I currently owned the Z1 for about 4 days. While I previously owned an Android phone, I am totally new to the Sony smartphones as well as their file systems.

Part of the reason why I chose to buy to this phone is the apparent ease of root. However, it seems that that is not the case. 4.3 apparently is not rootable with 1-click. Compounded by the fact is that there is some sort of unique identifier in this TA partition (whatever that is).

Please treat me as a noob and answer my queries with as much info as possible.

Believe me when I said I have done my fair share of reading and trying to understand what is the entire process all about, I am still not really making any sense of most of it. There is only so much Google can do for you before you start seeking personalised advice.

Now, from what I gathered in this thread, I apparently need to:

1. Downgrade to 4.2.2 (.534) firmware, using a FTF posted by someone called Nuts. I need to do this 'cos I don't want to lose my IMEI, which is some sort of bug.

2. I then need to root it with a software called "Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry". Apparently, Bin4ry is a person and not a software.

3. Then in order to upgrade to 4.3 (.136), I need to flash a special FTF/ZIP by made by Nuts again, using the unofficial Flashtool.

Am I right so far?

If I flash that special FTF/ZIP, does it deviate my Z1 from stock ROM? Can I still get FOTA updates?

Can I do all this without unlocking the bootloader?

anakdayak
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Thanks to all who chipped in to help. I currently owned the Z1 for about 4 days. While I previously owned an Android phone, I am totally new to the Sony smartphones as well as their file systems.

Part of the reason why I chose to buy to this phone is the apparent ease of root. However, it seems that that is not the case. 4.3 apparently is not rootable with 1-click. Compounded by the fact is that there is some sort of unique identifier in this TA partition (whatever that is).

Please treat me as a noob and answer my queries with as much info as possible.

Believe me when I said I have done my fair share of reading and trying to understand what is the entire process all about, I am still not really making any sense of most of it. There is only so much Google can do for you before you start seeking personalised advice.

Now, from what I gathered in this thread, I apparently need to:

1. Downgrade to 4.2.2 (.534) firmware, using a FTF posted by someone called Nuts. I need to do this 'cos I don't want to lose my IMEI, which is some sort of bug.

2. I then need to root it with a software called "Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry". Apparently, Bin4ry is a person and not a software.

3. Then in order to upgrade to 4.3 (.136), I need to flash a special FTF/ZIP by made by Nuts again, using the unofficial Flashtool.

Am I right so far?

If I flash that special FTF/ZIP, does it deviate my Z1 from stock ROM? Can I still get FOTA updates?

Can I do all this without unlocking the bootloader?
After root u need to install the z1 dual recovery.U can still get the FOTA update.Yes u can this without unlocking the BL.
The Following User Says Thank You to anakdayak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mikailmohammed
Old
(Last edited by mikailmohammed; 15th February 2014 at 07:19 PM.)
Thanks Meter 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyedbeauty View Post
Backup TA and unlock BL and flash Doomkernel..

Sent from my SGP311 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Hey i am new to xperia flashing as well here.

I have stock .136 fw i got from pc suite update. I want to have root access to be able to install custom kernel and xposed mods.

Will unlocking my bootloader (dont care for it) now and flashing doom kernel give me direct access to root without all this downgrading and stuff?
I am on Win 8.1 Will this cause any issue and can i have a link for the unofficial flashtool? i downloaded the latest of the main site.

I have C6902