XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T210R flickering screen

Tip us?

sammyzeus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T210R flickering screen

I apologize, because I don't know much about this kind of stuff. And I don't mean to post this in the wrong place, but, I have an issue and i have been looking around for a few hours for a solution, but I haven't found anything that really even describes what my problem is.

I was trying to root my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, SM-T2109, I set it into Download mode, and opened up Odin. I had Auto Reboot and F. Reset time checked. I checked the PDA box and loaded a ROM called "prerooted.tar.md5". I then clicked start and waited for it to work. Odin reported no errors and my tablet rebooted, the samsung galaxy tab 3 logo looked completely normal. But as soon as it reached the screen with the animation, before the tablet boots up, i knew something was wrong, because the animation never came up, only the booting up noise. Then, when the tablet was supposed to be started up, it never displayed anything on the screen. In order to get it to work I push the lock button once, then the screen shuts off, then i push it again and the display comes up. When i do this, i notice that the screen flashes, notably especially on blue colors, between random colors. Constantly flickering. The touch screen works fine, and everything else seems to be completely normal. I fiddled around with the settings for a bit and decided i wanted to try to factory reset.

I shut down the tablet and did a factory reset, but that didn't work. Still the same thing, I researched some more and found a video that said to flash something using odin, that would apparantly unroot the device. I tried this, the thing is called "KIES_HOME_T210RUEAMG4_T210RXACAMG4_1304745_REV00_ user_low_ship.tar" I did it, and once again, when i booted up the device it did the same exact thing.

I do not believe that there is anything physically wrong with the display, because when i set it to download mode, the screen returns to normal, and does not have this problem, but when i am in recovery mode, or using the regular tablet, it has this problem.

I'm wondering how i can fix this, because it is quite the annoyance, though the tablet is still theoretically useable, it's very very annoying to have to watch the screen flicker like this.

Im sorry if i left out any details, I didn't mean to. This is my first time doing this and i dont know much, if you need any more information i'd be happy to comply.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

priyana
Old
Thanks Meter 1216
There seems to be no end of Tab 3 owners posting on Galaxy Tab 7" original forum.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
"Use overcome method to restock your GT-P1000"
Overcome files are alive.
[ROM][2.3.6] Overcome Rom 4.1.0 new links
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1881981

sammyzeus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by priyana View Post
There seems to be no end of Tab 3 owners posting on Galaxy Tab 7" original forum.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
Oh, I'm sorry. I'll post in the right spot

ochoa515
Old
Thanks Meter 1
any fix yet? I tried installing the Blackhawk kernel 1.7 and 1.8 and I get an error. Also there is no rockettab kernel that I can find.

ochoa515
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I managed to fix mine by installing the "RocketTab2.1_MOD_T210_MK9_Kernel.zip (original T210 MK9 RocketTab kernel, if you want to revert)" from the Rockettab thread after installing my custom ROM that I wanted to install.

cam105
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i have the same proble with my galaxy can anybody help me out please??

chris rich
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default rooted flickering screen problem

having same problem can any one help

priyana
Old
Thanks Meter 1216
Come on guys.
Go to
http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-tab-3

And leave us to our tab 1 forum.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using xda app-developers app
"Use overcome method to restock your GT-P1000"
Overcome files are alive.
[ROM][2.3.6] Overcome Rom 4.1.0 new links
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1881981

ferseo777
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up solucion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam105 View Post
prueba la preroot es normal el parpadeo, falla el kernel toma el archivo rockettab 2.1 e instalalo por recovery

si sirve ya lo probe

ferseo777
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up SOLUCION

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam105 View Post
HELLO, FOLLOW THESE STEPS
1. INSTALL prerooted.tar.md5 through ODIN. In this step it is normal for the screen to flicker.
Two. By Odin INSTALL RECOVERY, flash is normal to continue
3 DOWNLOAD the kernel "RocketTab2.1_MOD_T210_MK9_Kernel" en google input "RocketTab2.1_MOD_T210_MK9_Kernel.zip" select first link

select first link

4 install zip from the tab 3 recovery you installed in step 2
5 enjoy

HOLA, SIGUE LOS SIGUIENTES PASOS
1. INSTALA prerooted.tar.md5, mediante de ODIN. En este paso es normal que la pantalla que parpadean.
2. Mediante Odin INSTALL RECOVERY , es normal que siga parpadean
3 DESCARGAR el kernel "RocketTab2.1_MOD_T210_MK9_Kernel" desde google "RocketTab2.1_MOD_T210_MK9_Kernel.zip"

escoger primer link

4 instala el zip desde el recovery desde la tab 3 que instalaste en el paso 2
5 enjoy