Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,673 Members 41,218 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Who thinks a music player NEEDS a Notification service? Or is it not important?

Tip us?

AmatuerAppDeveloper
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default [Q] Who thinks a music player NEEDS a Notification service? Or is it not important?

Notification Service In a Music Player: Useless or A Must have?

I ask this question because for the past few months i have been developing a music player, and whilst creating it, i have bumped into some issues and one of them is, a notification service.

I've tried and tried to implement it but haven't been able to so far.

So i need to know people opinions on the whole notification service in music players because if it's not that important then I'll leave it.

I personally think every player should have it but what about you?

Any advice or feedback would be appreciated!

Thanks

Maximus1a
Old
Thanks Meter 125

DONATE TO ME
why don´t you include it and let the user decide to activate it?

nitephlight
Old
Thanks Meter 30
IMO notification service is vital to the accessibility of your music player. coming from the perspective of one who uses a music player that does NOT have a notification service i can tell you that having to launch the player in order to use media controls gets old quickly. if course as a power user I've already set up my own widgets and notification anyway but the average user will simply move on.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____
My One&Only: Droid Bionic The Guinea Pig: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
+too many Docks uh, its got a holster?

GraveYard: HTC Droid Incredible – B&N Nook Color – Droid 2 Global – OG Droid (woot.) – Xoom Wifi
The Following User Says Thank You to nitephlight For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]