Post Reply

[Q] USB OTG on Kitkat Not Support

OP adildroid29

9th February 2014, 10:59 AM   |  #1  
adildroid29's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Soppeng City
Thanks Meter: 1
 
43 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
More
After Update Kitkat Droid Maxx Im trying Usb OTG Cant read. Previously unreadable on 4.2.2..Why .??

Sent By Droid Maxx 4.4 UnRooted
9th February 2014, 03:23 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 321
 
1,327 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by adildroid29

After Update Kitkat Droid Maxx Im trying Usb OTG Cant read. Previously unreadable on 4.2.2..Why .??

The functionality was removed for some reason with the KitKat update. The same thing happened to the Moto X with its 4.4 update. I think it was a mistake; I believe I've read that the Moto X 4.4.2 update has restored this functionality.
10th February 2014, 06:35 AM   |  #3  
adildroid29's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Soppeng City
Thanks Meter: 1
 
43 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
More
This function is very useful. but is removed

Sent By Droid Maxx 4.4 UnRooted
11th February 2014, 12:25 AM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
94 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adildroid29

This function is very useful. but is removed

Since it looks like you're unrooted you may be out of luck until 4.4.2 arrives. If you were rooted then stickmount restores the functionality.
The Following User Says Thank You to knyghtryda For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th February 2014, 12:23 AM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by knyghtryda

Since it looks like you're unrooted you may be out of luck until 4.4.2 arrives. If you were rooted then stickmount restores the functionality.

Stick Mount and the upgraded Stick Mount do not work for me on 4.4 rooted. I have the Del edition and on 4.2.2 did not even have to use stick mount. On KitKat stick mount will not work for me.
15th February 2014, 02:26 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 213
 
801 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by scallawag

Stick Mount and the upgraded Stick Mount do not work for me on 4.4 rooted. I have the Del edition and on 4.2.2 did not even have to use stick mount. On KitKat stick mount will not work for me.

I don't know why not it works for me on 4.4 rooted actually works very well.
15th February 2014, 08:34 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigv5150

I don't know why not it works for me on 4.4 rooted actually works very well.

What is the difference of works and works very well? Did you have to set any settings to get stick mount to work? what do you use to access the sd card or drive you have mounted with Stick Mount? I have Root Explorer and ES3 file browser. Thanks for any help!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes