Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Fisheye lens

OP mpalomba3

12th February 2014, 03:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Staten Island
Thanks Meter: 66

480 posts
Donate to Me
More
Does anyone know of a good fish eye lens that works well with our phone

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
14th February 2014, 12:45 AM   |  #2  
Flag Chorley
Thanks Meter: 125

421 posts
More
There are lots on ebay for very little money. Fisheye, wide angle and macro. But as for them being truly 'good'.... Thats a different matter. They are good enough for some different fun photos, but no good for professional use obviously.

One thing though, is that a lot attach via magnets on a sticky metal ring you place around the camera lens. I have one for my g2, and it needed to use 2 metal rings on top of each other as the magnet messed with the focus. With 2 rings, it is fine.

But, as the area around the lens is not perfectly flat, the rings on mine do not stay stuck and come off when removing the added lens. I'll try getting some pics of pics taken with it up.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
14th February 2014, 12:47 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Staten Island

480 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thanks that would really help. I'm assuming you have the Verizon variant because I believe the camera on it is not flat. I have the Sprint variant and it is flat so hopefully that won't be a problem

14th February 2014, 12:55 AM   |  #4  
Flag Chorley
Thanks Meter: 125

421 posts
More
No I have the 802. By not flat completely, i mean the very slight plastic rim that goes all the way around the edge of the buttons/lens. It is a very small difference but enough to limit the stickiness a bit.

But nothing the right adhesive couldn't fix I guess.

Heres a link which shows some shots on a listing for the type I have -

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=221365446071

Not strictly a fisheye, but on photos it does give a little fisheye effect oddly.

A generic search on ebay for mobile phone camera fisheye lens should give you loads of results.

Last edited by mgolder; 14th February 2014 at 12:59 AM.
15th February 2014, 10:00 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 2

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgolder

There are lots on ebay for very little money. Fisheye, wide angle and macro. But as for them being truly 'good'.... Thats a different matter. They are good enough for some different fun photos, but no good for professional use obviously.

One thing though, is that a lot attach via magnets on a sticky metal ring you place around the camera lens. I have one for my g2, and it needed to use 2 metal rings on top of each other as the magnet messed with the focus. With 2 rings, it is fine.

But, as the area around the lens is not perfectly flat, the rings on mine do not stay stuck and come off when removing the added lens. I'll try getting some pics of pics taken with it up.

I'd like to see the pics too
15th February 2014, 10:01 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Staten Island

480 posts
Donate to Me
More
I will order one today, when I get it I will post pix

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread