Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,517 Members 37,115 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MJ7 to MJE help

Tip us?

brex91
Old
(Last edited by brex91; 10th February 2014 at 09:57 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default MJ7 to MJE help

Hi, already rooted, and have been running cleanrom on my MJ7 N3 for awhile now, and I see that many of the newer roms require MJE.

What would be the easist way to update to MJE, and could I just flash a MJE rom anyways?

(also I have deleted the stock rom for more space, worst case I'll odin back to stock, just wondering if there is a faster way than going back to stock, updating, then installing another custom rom.)

az_biker
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,202

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by brex91 View Post
Hi, already rooted, and have been running cleanrom on my MJ7 N3 for awhile now, and I see that many of the newer roms require MJE.

What would be the easist way to update to MJE, and could I just flash a MJE rom anyways?

(also I have deleted the stock rom for more space, worst case I'll odin back to stock, just wondering if there is a faster way than going back to stock, updating, then installing another custom rom.)
You CAN flash MJE roms but you'll likely have wifi and signal issues. SOme have done it and worked around the issues.

Use Odin to flash MJE tar is best way to get to MJE. If Kingo is still slow, use Vroot.

For any help or links, check Note 3 link in my sig

Mr. HQ
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Question OTA Survival?

Quote:
Originally Posted by az_biker View Post
You CAN flash MJE roms but you'll likely have wifi and signal issues. SOme have done it and worked around the issues.

Use Odin to flash MJE tar is best way to get to MJE. If Kingo is still slow, use Vroot.

For any help or links, check Note 3 link in my sig
Using paid version of SuperSU 1.93, (updated binaries) will it survive OTA? from MJ7 to MJE?

az_biker
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,202

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. HQ View Post
Using paid version of SuperSU 1.93, (updated binaries) will it survive OTA? from MJ7 to MJE?
The results are kinda split on this. Some have said they survived OTA and many have said they lost root and had to Odin MJE anyway.

I usually tell folks to just Odin MJE and that way you only have to flash MJE ONCE