Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

MJ7 to MJE help

OP brex91

10th February 2014, 10:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
45 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Hi, already rooted, and have been running cleanrom on my MJ7 N3 for awhile now, and I see that many of the newer roms require MJE.

What would be the easist way to update to MJE, and could I just flash a MJE rom anyways?

(also I have deleted the stock rom for more space, worst case I'll odin back to stock, just wondering if there is a faster way than going back to stock, updating, then installing another custom rom.)
Last edited by brex91; 10th February 2014 at 10:57 PM.
15th February 2014, 06:43 AM   |  #2  
az_biker's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag SW AZ - USA
Thanks Meter: 2,471
 
1,999 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brex91

Hi, already rooted, and have been running cleanrom on my MJ7 N3 for awhile now, and I see that many of the newer roms require MJE.

What would be the easist way to update to MJE, and could I just flash a MJE rom anyways?

(also I have deleted the stock rom for more space, worst case I'll odin back to stock, just wondering if there is a faster way than going back to stock, updating, then installing another custom rom.)

You CAN flash MJE roms but you'll likely have wifi and signal issues. SOme have done it and worked around the issues.

Use Odin to flash MJE tar is best way to get to MJE. If Kingo is still slow, use Vroot.

For any help or links, check Note 3 link in my sig
15th February 2014, 06:30 PM   |  #3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
57 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Question OTA Survival?
Quote:
Originally Posted by az_biker

You CAN flash MJE roms but you'll likely have wifi and signal issues. SOme have done it and worked around the issues.

Use Odin to flash MJE tar is best way to get to MJE. If Kingo is still slow, use Vroot.

For any help or links, check Note 3 link in my sig

Using paid version of SuperSU 1.93, (updated binaries) will it survive OTA? from MJ7 to MJE?
15th February 2014, 10:43 PM   |  #4  
az_biker's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag SW AZ - USA
Thanks Meter: 2,471
 
1,999 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. HQ

Using paid version of SuperSU 1.93, (updated binaries) will it survive OTA? from MJ7 to MJE?

The results are kinda split on this. Some have said they survived OTA and many have said they lost root and had to Odin MJE anyway.

I usually tell folks to just Odin MJE and that way you only have to flash MJE ONCE
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes