Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,395 Members 46,830 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Confused??? Note Pro 12.2 and Note Pro 10.1 & I just bought a Note 10.1 2014

Tip us?

QuantumPSI
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG View Post
This kind of makes me fell better about the N10.1-14's lifespan and likelihood of it getting the same s/w the newer Pro's and Note are getting. If a Note 10.1|Pro was indeed on the horizon they wouldn't be releasing the N10.1-14 on VZW, the largest wireless carrier in the U.S. If their intent was to leave Magazine UX off the N10.1-14 because of the button labeling issue and introduce a Note 10.1|Pro with Magazine UX and an updated button it would be given a different model number to aid their support staff in handling customer issues. The author's assuming an update to 4.4/Magazine UX but I don't know whether she's basing that on fact or an assumption on her part. Regardless, that the N10.1-14 is continuing to be deployed in new iterations with the same model number is kind of reassuring about its longevity.

2014 Edition Galaxy Note 10.1 spotted at the FCC carrying Verizonís 4G LTE bands
Posted on Jan 10 2014 - 8:30am by Valerie Richardson

The 2014 Edition Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 might have taken a backseat with the arrival of the Galaxy NotePRO and the three Galaxy TabPRO tablets, but itís certainly not going to be forgotten for long. A new FCC listing has now revealed the tabletís arrival through Verizon Wireless in the U.S., complete with 4G LTE bands supported by the carrier.

The Galaxy Note 10.1 which broke cover in September during the IFA event is certainly a tablet worth considering as it features pretty much the same hardware as the newly announced Galaxy NotePRO (except for the size) down to every detail. This is merely an FCC listing, so thereís no official word on when the tablet will officially hit Verizon, but weíre guessing an announcement will take place in the coming weeks, possibly during the MWC.

This is clearly one of the best tablets in the market today which will get even better once Samsung rolls out the Android 4.4 update with the new TouchWiz and the Magazine UX. Expect the tablet to cost somewhere close to $600 off contract, which is the price of the Wi-Fi variant currently sold by Samsung, so itís certainly not going to be easy on your wallets.

http://thedroidguy.com/2014/01/2014-...x8KIg3w7Rid.99

Sigh, that's too bad. I really wanted the LTE version but the lack of information on its release date forced me to get the wifi version. And at $600 off contract, I would have had no problem... ah well, such is life.

lecorbusier
Old
Thanks Meter 14
There's two PNAs, Garmin Nuvi 3790 and its successor 3490, which I own.
They are identical in hardware, both still get updates, but the older one retains an outdated interface. Do it better, Samsung.

ElCamino
Old
Thanks Meter 78
I checked out the Note Pro and the Tab Pro at CES 2014. The Tab Pro 8.4 has AT&T, so you should see it coming to AT&T. Also the 12.2 Note Pro just like everyone mentioned, has a stylus while the Tab Pro doesn't. They also had the new TouchWiz UI as well.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

Using the stylus on the Note Pro was great! You would think it would be a big device, but it's thin and light weight making great holding in your hand.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ElCamino For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

muzzy996
Old
Thanks Meter 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumPSI View Post
Sigh, that's too bad. I really wanted the LTE version but the lack of information on its release date forced me to get the wifi version. And at $600 off contract, I would have had no problem... ah well, such is life.

Consider yourself lucky. As a person who patiently waited for the original Verizon Galaxy Tab 10.1 for months after wifi release and then had to patiently wait for months after ICS update was released for wifi versions I can honestly say I don't ever want to own another Verizon based Galaxy Tab again. Being in the minority and hoping that someone will release custom ROMs that support your special variant sucks big time. If it weren't for Pershoot life with my P4VZW for the past 2 years would have been horrible.

sincerity
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzy996 View Post
Consider yourself lucky. As a person who patiently waited for the original Verizon Galaxy Tab 10.1 for months after wifi release and then had to patiently wait for months after ICS update was released for wifi versions I can honestly say I don't ever want to own another Verizon based Galaxy Tab again. Being in the minority and hoping that someone will release custom ROMs that support your special variant sucks big time. If it weren't for Pershoot life with my P4VZW for the past 2 years would have been horrible.
same experience here...wouldn't do it over again

ludensen
Old
(Last edited by ludensen; 14th February 2014 at 11:57 PM.) Reason: Found cached copy of the site and stand corrected!
Thanks Meter 0
Default The name Galaxy Notepro 10.1 has been used!

Relevance diminished.

Class_of_punk26
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Um how would you be saving by replacing note 10.1 2014 and getting the tab pro 10.1 they are the same price