Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,351 Members 39,380 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cannot pair with bluetooth mouse to stock 4.4.2

Tip us?

azik
Old
(Last edited by azik; 23rd January 2014 at 10:25 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Cannot pair with bluetooth mouse to stock 4.4.2

Hey gang,

For some reason, whenever I have KitKat on my Nexus 7, I cannot pair it with my bluetooth mouse. I had stock 4.3.1, Cyanogenmod 10,2 and 11 and that wasn't a problem there.

Both 4.4 and 4.4.2 do not seem to be able to get paired with the mouse. It sees it in the list of available devices, pairing mode enable on the mouse, but it isn't clickable.

Here's the video:

http://youtu.be/k6uePEsq4E4

Any idea how to fix this?

vionratio
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default bluetooth mouse

Me too having same issue since 4.3.1. I thought this will be solve after update to 4.4.2 but issue remain. Now I don't know what's the point for me to upgrade to 4.4.2.

azik
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I suppose not a lot of people are using mice with N7

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ktkjr
Old
(Last edited by ktkjr; 14th February 2014 at 04:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Default Exact same problem

Worked running 4.2.2 and 4.3. Didn't work running 4.4.1 or 4.4.2. I'm trying with an Inland pro, so it isn't the mouse.

ktkjr
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Bt fixed itself?

OK. Riddle me this. I had the same issues as the OP, i.e., Bt mouse not pairing and not even clickable, as shown in his linked video. I can't tell you exactly why I did it, but I unrooted and relocked. Then I got the OTA 4.4.2. (Instead of the one I flashed.) Used everything for a few days. Mouse still refused to pair. Just now I unlocked and rooted. Guess what? Mouse paired and connected without problems. I've now got a Bt mouse, keyboard, AND headphones running just fine!

I'd like to shut it all down to see if things reconnect automatically, but I don't want to press my luck.

K