XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Southern telecom smart tab srf77 CWM help

Tip us?

NightMareNoob
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Southern telecom smart tab srf77 CWM help

I have seen a lot of cwm info on the karbonn smart tab am, Leary as to it working on my southern telecom smart tab if anyone has any info on how I can root and install cwm on this unit

The Smartab SRF77 series tablet is made by Southern Telecom, the same company that also produce tablets under the Emerson, Polaroid and Uniden lines of tablets

It was made by Chinese Manufacturer Lenovo. And the Tablet was branded with Vodaphone.

this seems to be all I can find out about the tab atm plz advise Thanks

captain_frostbyte
Old
(Last edited by captain_frostbyte; 16th February 2014 at 01:33 AM.) Reason: forgot something...
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightMareNoob View Post
I have seen a lot of cwm info on the karbonn smart tab am, Leary as to it working on my southern telecom smart tab if anyone has any info on how I can root and install cwm on this unit

The Smartab SRF77 series tablet is made by Southern Telecom, the same company that also produce tablets under the Emerson, Polaroid and Uniden lines of tablets

It was made by Chinese Manufacturer Lenovo. And the Tablet was branded with Vodaphone.

this seems to be all I can find out about the tab atm plz advise Thanks

Have the same tablet, I had a nasty time getting it rooted, and getting market on it. Seems like you found way more info on it than i did a few months ago.

To root it, i'm pretty sure i had to use use the RK29 tab tool kit or motochopper. I think at the end, once i figured out the key, they both worked.
The trick to getting any tool to work, was getting ADB to see the tablet. I have a couple cheap tablets kicking around, that makes things harder.
The real trick to getting it to work is updating the driver file for the ADB driver to see your specific tablet.

attached is the INF file used to get it to detect. (looks like the file may not have attached - i added these lines to the INF file and re-installed the driver.

;SRF77 SmarTab
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_2207&PID_0010&REV_0222&MI_01
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_2207&PID_0010&REV_0222&MI_01
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_2207&PID_0010&MI_01

to get the google tools installed, i found the set that matches the version on the tablet (actually I think i went older and let it auto update) but i installed it from the zip file using the install command at the adb command prompt.

good luck mate, fun little tab for the price when you getting running. it boots WAY slower once you get the google tools in there tho, about 3 times as long to boot up, but worth it.