Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,156 Members 46,462 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Google play services Crashing Repeatedly

Tip us?

ScallywagginIT
Old
(Last edited by ScallywagginIT; 27th January 2014 at 02:29 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Google play services Crashing Repeatedly

Has anyone experienced Google play services stopping unexpectedly and crashing repeatedly since Google pushed the new update for it on 01/16/2014? My Google play services keeps crashing and from what I read in the reviews on the Play Store for the "app," it seems to be doing the same thing for a lot of other users. I have already tried wiping cache and even factory resetting my phone, but it does not fix the problem. Uninstalling updates for the app on the phone immediately generates a message from Hangouts, stating that the newest version is required. Anyone care to comment or let me know of a workaround for this? I am wondering if Google will release a fixed update soon again or if maybe waiting until KitKat will make it more compatible? Thanks!
Device: Motorola Droid RAZR M
ROM: Rooted Stock + Unlocked Bootloader (Build: KDA20.62-10.1, v. 183.46.10)
Recovery: TWRP v2.7.1.0

RikRong
Old
Thanks Meter 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScallywagginIT View Post
Has anyone experienced Google play services stopping unexpectedly and crashing repeatedly since Google pushed the new update for it on 01/16/2014? My Google play services keeps crashing and from what I read in the reviews on the Play Store for the "app," it seems to be doing the same thing for a lot of other users. I have already tried wiping cache and even factory resetting my phone, but it does not fix the problem. Uninstalling updates for the app on the phone immediately generates a message from Hangouts, stating that the newest version is required. Anyone care to comment or let me know of a workaround for this? I am wondering if Google will release a fixed update soon again or if maybe waiting until KitKat will make it more compatible? Thanks!
Try clearing data for the app itself, in the "App info" area.

ScallywagginIT
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
FYI the new version 4.2.42 of Google Play Services fixed all crashing issues. The issues were only with v4.1.

Sent from my XT907 using xda app-develope4rs app
Device: Motorola Droid RAZR M
ROM: Rooted Stock + Unlocked Bootloader (Build: KDA20.62-10.1, v. 183.46.10)
Recovery: TWRP v2.7.1.0

The Following User Says Thank You to ScallywagginIT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]