Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] How do I get android 4.4 on blu studio 5.5

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
By mdanielsii, Junior Member on 25th January 2014, 06:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I can not figure out how to upgrade to kit kit on my blu studio 5.5. I'm rooted already. Any help would be great thanks.
15th February 2014, 08:29 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0
Originally Posted by mdanielsii

I can not figure out how to upgrade to kit kit on my blu studio 5.5. I'm rooted already. Any help would be great thanks.

Today I read on some post found on a g+ page that the studio, and some other Blu lines, are getting kitkat on May 1st, 2014. No ROMs anywhere around that I can find for this device, just sites that are scam sites trying to infect you. Was hoping CyanogenMod, aokp, or paranoid android would have a ROM available, but nope.
16th February 2014, 05:39 AM |#3  
Flag Somerset, KY
Thanks Meter: 2
Donate to Me
I'm actually trying to build my own ROM for the Blu Studio 5.0S (my family all have the same phone now, and I previously had us on Concur One, but there's so much bloatware in there that isn't neccessary it's absurd -- these things have 1GB of RAM, and yet we have less than 1/3 of that to work with once the phone has been running for a few hours, not to mention that they dressed it up as 4.3.1 when it isn't..).

I've actually tried assembling 4.3.1_r1 manually from AOSP and loading the drivers in -- it causes a bootloop. As far as I can tell, nothing beyond 4.1.2 works on these devices thusfar (though I'd love to be proven wrong); all the ROMs that look like they're 4.2 or 4.3 aren't; they just edited the build.prop and other values so it reported being 4.3.1, and looked like it, but wasn't actually. Bit annoying actually.

I've not tried KitKat yet, as I can't seem to build it in any form, and I don't much like the idea of porting another ROM; I'd honestly rather maintain my own for my family based off the Karbonn S5 Stock ROM.

If Karbonn/BLU does come out with a KitKat stock though, I'd love to know that, and I'll likely be watching for it & will share it if I come across something working, would be awesome to build off that instead for my ROM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread