5,598,779 Members 36,246 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [NAE] Stock rom 4.4.2

Tip us?
 
runwithme
Old
(Last edited by runwithme; 20th February 2014 at 01:34 AM.) Reason: status update
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 84
Join Date: Dec 2013
Thumbs up [ROM] [NAE] Stock rom 4.4.2

Sorry folks, I have to put this project on hold for a little while.
The Following User Says Thank You to runwithme For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
pixelsblur
Old
#2  
pixelsblur's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 84
Posts: 321
Join Date: Jul 2008
First.

So wifi will not work even if the nae modem has been flashed?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
 
Son Rise
Old
#3  
Son Rise's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 410
Posts: 1,235
Join Date: Sep 2009
2anddd

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 07:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 AM ----------

What about twrp

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app
 
eskomo
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 68
Posts: 272
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Michigan
Downloading... looking forward to trying this.
 
cmonsterf50
Old
#5  
cmonsterf50's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 280
Posts: 597
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oregon
Got it installed. Couldn't get data or wifi to work. Kept getting FCs on some background apps.

Not functional enough for me. Looking forward to some updates to come. Wish I had more time to do some work on this myself.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Current Devices:
Samsung Galaxy S4 - White (Sprint)
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - White (2012)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (T217S)
Google ChromeCast

Super Moderator - themikmik.com
-------------------------------------------------------
Retired Devices:
Nexus 7 (2012)
HTC Evo LTE
Kindle Fire HD
HTC Evo 4G
BlackBerry 8330
 
asafegous
Old
#6  
asafegous's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 83
Posts: 641
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: south city, ca
Getting closer. At least it boots as far as boot animation. All I need is a twrp nandroid of booting system, and I could of had this, as my Chinese friends say, last year.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
 
conflikt
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 618
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by asafegous View Post
Getting closer. At least it boots as far as boot animation. All I need is a twrp nandroid of booting system, and I could of had this, as my Chinese friends say, last year.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Broken wifi & data & foreclose on background apps as well. Have NAE modem installed already.
The Following User Says Thank You to conflikt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
optimummind
Old
#8  
optimummind's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 415
Posts: 857
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Orange, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by conflikt View Post
Broken wifi & data & foreclose on background apps as well. Have NAE modem installed already.
Are you on the Knox-free MF9 bootloader? Not even data works?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
 
needmymorningcoffee
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 9
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default Not for Sprint Galaxy S4!!!!

Do not install this on a Sprint Galaxy S4!!!

I made a mistake by trying to do a mod to make my Sprint S4 able to write to the SD card, and ended up having to re-flash Kit-Kat. This installed Kit-Kat NAE, but not English, and certainly not for Sprint variant. This if for international I9505 (or something like that).

Look in the Android Development forum for a the stock rooted Sprint Galaxy S4 NAE 4.4.2 Kit-Kat. I just installed that one with success.
The Following User Says Thank You to needmymorningcoffee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
daniel4653
Old
#10  
daniel4653's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2350
Posts: 7,665
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by needmymorningcoffee View Post
Do not install this on a Sprint Galaxy S4!!!

I made a mistake by trying to do a mod to make my Sprint S4 able to write to the SD card, and ended up having to re-flash Kit-Kat. This installed Kit-Kat NAE, but not English, and certainly not for Sprint variant. This if for international I9505 (or something like that).

Look in the Android Development forum for a the stock rooted Sprint Galaxy S4 NAE 4.4.2 Kit-Kat. I just installed that one with success.
I'm curious as to how you know that this is for the international and not sprint.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk


 
Team Kernelizers: Making the best out of your phone

Tags
galaxy, nae, rom, sprint
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Say Goodbye to Holo Blue Once and for All

When Google released Android 4.4 KitKat back in October of last year, they changed quite a bit … more

Sony Z Ultra Google Play Edition Receives Bluetooth Certification for Android 4.4.3

You may recall that a few days ago, Sprint jumped the gun … more

Easily Configure Xposed Module Projects in Eclipse

XDA Recognized Developer rovo89‘s innovative and versatile Xposed Framework allows … more

Android Control Center Becomes Quick Control Panel, Brings Host of New Features

You may recall that back in August of last year, we talked … more