Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,110 Members 52,431 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HELP Phone bricked can't get out of safestrap

Tip us?

cassandrarae
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] HELP Phone bricked can't get out of safestrap

Well I feel like a bit of an idiot for doing this but here's what happened (P.S. I'm sorry if something similar has been posted but I couldn't find anything that seemed like it would help me): I run a ROM CM and use safestrap to handle all that. my rom (10.1.3) recently has been acting up so I wiped ROM slot 1 and then my internal storage but when I try to install the rom from my external SD card it tells me that it's failed, cannot unzip. and now I can't even get stock to load. basically i'm stuck in recovery with no clue on how to fix the issue. any help would be much appreciated, i'm a major noob. thanks you so much!

siracuervo
Old
Thanks Meter 392
Just flash a firmware with RSD Lite. But care the battery

googlesstepchild
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Never wipe the internal storage or external, unless you completely understand the intended result. Plus 1 on previous posters advice to unbrick the phone.

XT912 - CM11 Nightly - PAGAPPS Micro

hakarune
Old
Thanks Meter 94

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassandrarae View Post
Well I feel like a bit of an idiot for doing this but here's what happened (P.S. I'm sorry if something similar has been posted but I couldn't find anything that seemed like it would help me): I run a ROM CM and use safestrap to handle all that. my rom (10.1.3) recently has been acting up so I wiped ROM slot 1 and then my internal storage but when I try to install the rom from my external SD card it tells me that it's failed, cannot unzip. and now I can't even get stock to load. basically i'm stuck in recovery with no clue on how to fix the issue. any help would be much appreciated, i'm a major noob. thanks you so much!
Which RAZR do you have?
Phones:
  • [CDMA] Motorola Droid RazR Maxx - CM11 Nightly 1.02.14
  • HTC Incredible SLCD - CM9 - Turned to Cricket and Given away
  • Helio Kick Flip - Stock
Tablets:
  • ASUS Transformer Prime - AndroWook's HairyBean 1.51
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - Rooted Stock