Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,858 Members 36,719 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Confusion regarding SGH-I747 vs SGH-I747U

Tip us?

garyh140
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Confusion regarding SGH-I747 vs SGH-I747U

Hello all,

I am a noob so be gentle.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 from AT&T. Inside the battery compartment the label says SGH-I747. I can't boot the phone so that is all I know about the model # at present. I am looking at the following link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2549068. It mentions all over the place that it will work with the SGH-I747 but the debrick files that are supposed to work for this model reference SGH-I747U. Are they the same?

Your help is appreciated

audit13
Old
Thanks Meter 420
Can you get the phone into download or recovery mode?

garyh140
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for your reply. The phone is not in my possession at the moment (should have it on Monday). I will check back when it returns and reply with more details.

theramsey3
Old
Thanks Meter 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyh140 View Post
Hello all,

I am a noob so be gentle.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 from AT&T. Inside the battery compartment the label says SGH-I747. I can't boot the phone so that is all I know about the model # at present. I am looking at the following link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2549068. It mentions all over the place that it will work with the SGH-I747 but the debrick files that are supposed to work for this model reference SGH-I747U. Are they the same?

Your help is appreciated
The at&t phone is model # I747 baseband I747UCUEMJB (on my current modem).

Do not be concerned with the difference between I747 and I747U they are the same where you should be concerned is with the difference between I747/U Vs. I747M

Flashing the wrong bootloader will eternally brick your phone until it gets jtag'ed.

so be careful and ask questions when you aren't sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

garyh140
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by theramsey3 View Post
The at&t phone is model # I747 baseband I747UCUEMJB (on my current modem).

Do not be concerned with the difference between I747 and I747U they are the same where you should be concerned is with the difference between I747/U Vs. I747M

Flashing the wrong bootloader will eternally brick your phone until it gets jtag'ed.

so be careful and ask questions when you aren't sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
Thanks!!

I need to bring this phone back to life when it returns and I will need more help then.

Background:
I Used auto root some time ago to get something to work that never did. I totally forgot about it then took an OTA update Last Saturday to what I thinks was 4.3 that ended up in hangs and continuous reboots. Not sure why this failed because I have taken one other OTA that was successful. I was dumb enough to call AT&T who in turn called Samsung Support. They asked me to take it to Best Buy for reflashing. That was a waste of 2 hours of my life and a massive fail. Called AT&T Back who again called Samsung. Samsung asked me to send the Phone to them for re-flashing and they knew it was out of warranty. Dummy me thought well if it is out of warranty I don't need to worry about if it is rooted or not. Besides who should know better how to and have the resources to re-flash it back to stock than Samsung. So I sent it to them. We all know the rest of the story. They found it was rooted and wouldn't touch it. So now you know why it is not in my possession till Monday.