5,594,386 Members 36,018 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Change SM-N9006 firmware to US?? HELP...

Tip us?

SCoRp32
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation Change SM-N9006 firmware to US?? HELP...

I am a total newbie to the Android OS... I have been using the iPhone ever since smart phones ever came out. I am currently in China, and purchased a SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 3 SM-N9006. I am not Chinese, so I can't read any Chinese. I have already changed my language options in the settings menu, but still, there are some complications in the applications that are always in Chinese, and I can't seem to change it back to English. The SAMSUNG store app for downloads are in Chinese, and other basic apps are in Chinese as well. I was wondering if there is any way possible to have the phone's firmware in English as if it were a phone bought in the US.... Please.. I have been searching all over the forums looking for answers... PLEASE.. ANY HELP PLEASE.... if there is a way to get this done, whether by rooting or ROMS (which I, honestly, do not understand how to do)..... could I please have a detailed, step-by-step version of what I need to do?

VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.... THANK YOU COMPUTER GENIUSES!!!!

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1170

DONATE TO ME
The stores read of your sim card and ip address. So in theory if you were in an English speaking country, it'd show in English

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
// Nexus 5 (D821) // Liquid // UBER //
// Note 3 (SM-N9005) // AOSP ROM of variety // Lean or temasek's Kernel // - Dumped. No more Samsung

testmonkey1
Old
Thanks Meter 82
I think changing the CSC to a different country will help you but it may cause other issues (with your mobile network for example)

FeralFire
Old
Thanks Meter 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCoRp32 View Post
I am a total newbie to the Android OS... I have been using the iPhone ever since smart phones ever came out. I am currently in China, and purchased a SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 3 SM-N9006. I am not Chinese, so I can't read any Chinese. I have already changed my language options in the settings menu, but still, there are some complications in the applications that are always in Chinese, and I can't seem to change it back to English. The SAMSUNG store app for downloads are in Chinese, and other basic apps are in Chinese as well. I was wondering if there is any way possible to have the phone's firmware in English as if it were a phone bought in the US.... Please.. I have been searching all over the forums looking for answers... PLEASE.. ANY HELP PLEASE.... if there is a way to get this done, whether by rooting or ROMS (which I, honestly, do not understand how to do)..... could I please have a detailed, step-by-step version of what I need to do?

AFAIK, the N9006 has some complications to it. I don't think you will find any custom ROMs.
If the language of the apps hasn't changed with the language of the system, they must be hard coded in the APKs.
You could try this. Root it, make a nandroid backup and push APKs from the standard N9005 ROMs to your system.

SCoRp32
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto View Post
The stores read of your sim card and ip address. So in theory if you were in an English speaking country, it'd show in English

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
so... if i get a sim card from the US, then go into the store app... i can change them to english?

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1170

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
so... if i get a sim card from the US, then go into the store app... i can change them to english?
If the sim/location IP are reporting you in the US then yes, the language will be English AFAIK.
// Nexus 5 (D821) // Liquid // UBER //
// Note 3 (SM-N9005) // AOSP ROM of variety // Lean or temasek's Kernel // - Dumped. No more Samsung

SCoRp32
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralFire View Post
AFAIK, the N9006 has some complications to it. I don't think you will find any custom ROMs.
If the language of the apps hasn't changed with the language of the system, they must be hard coded in the APKs.
You could try this. Root it, make a nandroid backup and push APKs from the standard N9005 ROMs to your system.
how do i make a nandroid backup? and how do i push APK?s .... sorry.. i am so lost....

FeralFire
Old
Thanks Meter 185
Quote:
how do i make a nandroid backup? and how do i push APK?s .... sorry.. i am so lost....
Install a custom recovery. Search the forums. There was a link for rooting/installing CWM on the N9006.
There will be an option for taking a backup in the recovery.

After that, just replace the APKs in the system partition with other APKs with some app like root browser.

locn
Old
Thanks Meter 41
I also have a N9006. Best bet is to root it and put google apps on. I haven't been able to find out if the firmware is compatible with the n9005 as far as I know the n9005 o ly come in 32gb and the N9006 is a 16gb only.

After you root you can delete all the Chinese apps.

Got a tutorial of how to root using urdlv here.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49862665

Sent from my SM-N9006 using Tapatalk
Motorola Defy
MIUI Rom
--------
Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9006
Stock Rooted KitKat TWRP

Fishweb74
Old
(Last edited by Fishweb74; 16th February 2014 at 10:42 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:

Hello, I have root on N9006 I installed the CWM recovery and installed rom N3 EchoeRom v6 “Empty Spaces”everything works fine!