5,594,386 Members 36,018 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Change SM-N9006 firmware to US?? HELP...

Tip us?
 
SCoRp32
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Feb 2014
Exclamation Change SM-N9006 firmware to US?? HELP...

I am a total newbie to the Android OS... I have been using the iPhone ever since smart phones ever came out. I am currently in China, and purchased a SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 3 SM-N9006. I am not Chinese, so I can't read any Chinese. I have already changed my language options in the settings menu, but still, there are some complications in the applications that are always in Chinese, and I can't seem to change it back to English. The SAMSUNG store app for downloads are in Chinese, and other basic apps are in Chinese as well. I was wondering if there is any way possible to have the phone's firmware in English as if it were a phone bought in the US.... Please.. I have been searching all over the forums looking for answers... PLEASE.. ANY HELP PLEASE.... if there is a way to get this done, whether by rooting or ROMS (which I, honestly, do not understand how to do)..... could I please have a detailed, step-by-step version of what I need to do?

VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.... THANK YOU COMPUTER GENIUSES!!!!
 
radicalisto
Old
#2  
radicalisto's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1170
Posts: 2,968
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: York

 
DONATE TO ME
The stores read of your sim card and ip address. So in theory if you were in an English speaking country, it'd show in English

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
// Nexus 5 (D821) // Liquid // UBER //
// Note 3 (SM-N9005) // AOSP ROM of variety // Lean or temasek's Kernel // - Dumped. No more Samsung
 
testmonkey1
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 82
Posts: 374
Join Date: Dec 2013
I think changing the CSC to a different country will help you but it may cause other issues (with your mobile network for example)
 
FeralFire
Old
#4  
FeralFire's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 185
Posts: 400
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCoRp32 View Post
I am a total newbie to the Android OS... I have been using the iPhone ever since smart phones ever came out. I am currently in China, and purchased a SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 3 SM-N9006. I am not Chinese, so I can't read any Chinese. I have already changed my language options in the settings menu, but still, there are some complications in the applications that are always in Chinese, and I can't seem to change it back to English. The SAMSUNG store app for downloads are in Chinese, and other basic apps are in Chinese as well. I was wondering if there is any way possible to have the phone's firmware in English as if it were a phone bought in the US.... Please.. I have been searching all over the forums looking for answers... PLEASE.. ANY HELP PLEASE.... if there is a way to get this done, whether by rooting or ROMS (which I, honestly, do not understand how to do)..... could I please have a detailed, step-by-step version of what I need to do?

VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.... THANK YOU COMPUTER GENIUSES!!!!
AFAIK, the N9006 has some complications to it. I don't think you will find any custom ROMs.
If the language of the apps hasn't changed with the language of the system, they must be hard coded in the APKs.
You could try this. Root it, make a nandroid backup and push APKs from the standard N9005 ROMs to your system.
 
SCoRp32
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto View Post
The stores read of your sim card and ip address. So in theory if you were in an English speaking country, it'd show in English

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
so... if i get a sim card from the US, then go into the store app... i can change them to english?
 
radicalisto
Old
#6  
radicalisto's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1170
Posts: 2,968
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: York

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCoRp32 View Post
so... if i get a sim card from the US, then go into the store app... i can change them to english?
If the sim/location IP are reporting you in the US then yes, the language will be English AFAIK.
// Nexus 5 (D821) // Liquid // UBER //
// Note 3 (SM-N9005) // AOSP ROM of variety // Lean or temasek's Kernel // - Dumped. No more Samsung
 
SCoRp32
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralFire View Post
AFAIK, the N9006 has some complications to it. I don't think you will find any custom ROMs.
If the language of the apps hasn't changed with the language of the system, they must be hard coded in the APKs.
You could try this. Root it, make a nandroid backup and push APKs from the standard N9005 ROMs to your system.
how do i make a nandroid backup? and how do i push APK?s .... sorry.. i am so lost....
 
FeralFire
Old
#8  
FeralFire's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 185
Posts: 400
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCoRp32 View Post
how do i make a nandroid backup? and how do i push APK?s .... sorry.. i am so lost....
Install a custom recovery. Search the forums. There was a link for rooting/installing CWM on the N9006.
There will be an option for taking a backup in the recovery.

After that, just replace the APKs in the system partition with other APKs with some app like root browser.
 
locn
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 41
Posts: 137
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Gold Coast
I also have a N9006. Best bet is to root it and put google apps on. I haven't been able to find out if the firmware is compatible with the n9005 as far as I know the n9005 o ly come in 32gb and the N9006 is a 16gb only.

After you root you can delete all the Chinese apps.

Got a tutorial of how to root using urdlv here.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49862665

Sent from my SM-N9006 using Tapatalk
Motorola Defy
MIUI Rom
--------
Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9006
Stock Rooted KitKat TWRP
 
Fishweb74
Old
(Last edited by Fishweb74; 16th February 2014 at 10:42 AM.)
#10  
Fishweb74's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 31
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCoRp32 View Post
I am a total newbie to the Android OS... I have been using the iPhone ever since smart phones ever came out. I am currently in China, and purchased a SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 3 SM-N9006. I am not Chinese, so I can't read any Chinese. I have already changed my language options in the settings menu, but still, there are some complications in the applications that are always in Chinese, and I can't seem to change it back to English. The SAMSUNG store app for downloads are in Chinese, and other basic apps are in Chinese as well. I was wondering if there is any way possible to have the phone's firmware in English as if it were a phone bought in the US.... Please.. I have been searching all over the forums looking for answers... PLEASE.. ANY HELP PLEASE.... if there is a way to get this done, whether by rooting or ROMS (which I, honestly, do not understand how to do)..... could I please have a detailed, step-by-step version of what I need to do?

VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.... THANK YOU COMPUTER GENIUSES!!!!
Hello, I have root on N9006 I installed the CWM recovery and installed rom N3 EchoeRom v6 “Empty Spaces”everything works fine!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

[OTA Captured] Android 4.4.2 Now Rolling Out to the AT&T Galaxy S 4 Active

A little under two months ago, AT&T started rolling out … more

HTC Releases Dual Lens SDK for the HTC One M8 (2014)

One of the highlights of the HTC One M8is its new dual lens camera system. Termed … more

Google ATAP Reveals Project Ara Developer Kits and 100K Prize Challenge

Today, Paul Eremenko from Google’s Advanced Technology and … more