XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][Unofficial] PSX 4.4.2 1/4/2014 | Carbon 4.4.2 1/4/2014 | +Kernels

Tip us?

iamtha1
Old
Thanks Meter 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampir1c View Post
Hey guys, this is driving me crazy. I just received my E970 AT&T and the phone is great, I rooted it successfully, and used FreeGee with no issues. I just can't get this ROM to install for the life of me! I tried CWM and TWRP and everytime I try to flash the rom I get an "This package is for "geeb" devices; this is a "e970" then a (Status 7) Installation aborted. What am I doing wrong? My phone says mako not geeb as well, and all I've found on that is others saying anything after 4.2 the e970 is also mako... Would love some insight everyone! Thanks
Use this recovery. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2231049

Sent from my Optimus G using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamtha1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Vampir1c
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtha1 View Post
Use this recovery. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2231049

Sent from my Optimus G using xda app-developers app
Son of a! Thank you so much! It works now XD Most overlooked thing I have ever run into dealing with phones!!!

lostrg
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buscador View Post
I am still getting this with both the most current builds of PSX and Carbon, but not with any of the half dozen or so other ROMs I have tried. To be clear, the issue is not that LOST.DIR is being created. I am well aware of what that folder is for. The problem is that a new LOST.DIR is created every time I reboot, and it always has random characters added after the "T". The directory is always empty, and all but the most recent one can be deleted. In addition, other directories occasionally have their names corrupted by random characters, as well, but I have not detected any problems with the files in them. As stated before, this happens on both of my SD cards, each of which has been reformatted at least once to see if that helped, and always safely disconnected from my Windows PC. On Carbon, I only used the included kernel; I have not tried the AK kernel. I am not complaining about this, just giving info that I think might be useful. If there is anything I can do to help, let me know. I don't currently have either ROM installed, but I do have a Nandroid backup of my last Carbon installation so I could reinstall it pretty easily. If I'm the only person experiencing this and you don't want to be bothered, no problem.
I resolved this by doing a full format of the SD card, every time I did a quick format the issue would reoccur.
The Following User Says Thank You to lostrg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Buscador
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostrg View Post
I resolved this by doing a full format of the SD card, every time I did a quick format the issue would reoccur.
Thanks. I started to try that then quit when I realized it was going to take several hours. Rather a weird bug.
"It ain't so much the things we don't know that get us into trouble. It's the things we do know that just ain't so." Artemus Ward

mathsz
Old
Thanks Meter 283
@MiZrY, please contact me when you get a chance, regarding carbon. Thanks

Sent from my LG-E973 using Tapatalk
Samsung galaxy ace --> htc desire hd --> htc one v --> galaxy nexus gsm --> lg optimus g
Quad-core goodness is so sweet. Gimme speed please.
The Following User Says Thank You to mathsz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]