5,599,135 Members 34,828 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] non rooted, stock firmware galaxy s4 wifi wont turn on.help!

Tip us?

ninetyone
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] non rooted, stock firmware galaxy s4 wifi wont turn on.help!

[Q] bell galaxy s4, wifi wont enable (stuck at turning on) stock firmware, not rootedtore that unlocked it, the wifi wouldnt enable. The widget stays at the dim green, and in the wifi settings, the switch goes to the 'on' position, but stays grey and says "turning on...' without doing anything. I have searched all over the internet looking for a fix, but everyone is saying i have to either flash custom firmware or root my phone. I dont want to do either. Has anyone found a fix that doesnt invlove either of those options, without having to send the phone back? Is there a driver or something i can use to fix it?
I have already done a factory reset andchecked all the dial pad codes. Please help.

k1mu
Old
Thanks Meter 1242

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetyone View Post
[Q] bell galaxy s4, wifi wont enable (stuck at turning on) stock firmware, not rootedtore that unlocked it, the wifi wouldnt enable. The widget stays at the dim green, and in the wifi settings, the switch goes to the 'on' position, but stays grey and says "turning on...' without doing anything. I have searched all over the internet looking for a fix, but everyone is saying i have to either flash custom firmware or root my phone. I dont want to do either. Has anyone found a fix that doesnt invlove either of those options, without having to send the phone back? Is there a driver or something i can use to fix it?
I have already done a factory reset andchecked all the dial pad codes. Please help.
Flash a factory ROM. But this isn't a "Bell" forum (assuming bell.ca).

A safe thing to do is to install Samsung Kies and use "Emergency Firmware Recovery" to re-flash factory stock. That will return you to stock and hopefully repair your wifi.

You can also flash a no-wipe factory ROM that corresponds to the specific build on your device.
My Android devices:
vzw Samsung Galaxy S4 stock MJ7, now rooted!
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, also stock but rooted.

VZ Droid Incredible 2 rooted but otherwise stock.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

ninetyone
Old
(Last edited by ninetyone; 16th February 2014 at 10:24 PM.) Reason: change in situation.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1mu View Post
Flash a factory ROM. But this isn't a "Bell" forum (assuming bell.ca).

A safe thing to do is to install Samsung Kies and use "Emergency Firmware Recovery" to re-flash factory stock. That will return you to stock and hopefully repair your wifi.

You can also flash a no-wipe factory ROM that corresponds to the specific build on your device.
Thank you very much for your advice.

would you by any chance know of a no-wipe ROM build for an SGH-i337M on BELL from Canada? That would help out a lot!