Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,803,273 Members 44,614 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to turn off USSD notification sounds

Tip us?

Androloid
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] How to turn off USSD notification sounds

In the menu Settings>Sound>System>Notification Sound there is no siIlent setting. So, I can't turn off sound when dialing an USSD code. If I move notification slider to the left I lose message sound. System sound slider in Soud Profiles settings is off.

Where do I turn this off?

fallenwout
Old
Thanks Meter 63
This? Don't exactly know what you mean with ussd.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Androloid
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
It's all off. USSD codes-short codes for checking balance, activating carrier services etc. E.g. *123#.

There is no "silent setting" on this screen.

Sent from my LG-D802

fallenwout
Old
(Last edited by fallenwout; 29th January 2014 at 11:47 PM.)
Thanks Meter 63
There is no silent option in notification sound as this is the global notification setting.
That sound option where you are talking about in the screenshot listens to the notification sound slider.

You don't mean dial pad sounds when pressing a number?
Or do you mean the response you get from the operator after dialing the code?

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

robin786
Old
Thanks Meter 50
What he meant was the sound you get when there's a response for USSD code that you run.

For example, when you check balance / account status using eg. *126#, there will be a notification sound played (in my case, the default sound, Life is Good) when you receive the response from the carrier company.

I read somewhere, that it affects only D802 with HK rom. Can anyone else confirm?

Sent from my LG-D802

Androloid
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
If I'm not wrong notification volume slider is for messages and all other notifications too (viber, whatsapp...), so it's not good idea to turn it off. I meant sound after dialing a ussd code can't be turned off.

Послато са LG-D802

Androloid
Old
(Last edited by Androloid; 16th February 2014 at 12:15 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
I have found a workaround solution. Just copy attached file (1 sec of mp3 silence) to sd card/media/audio/notifications and it will be available for selection in settings - sound - system - notification sound.

Послато са LG-D802
Attached Files
File Type: zip SilentRingtone1sec.mp3.zip - [Click for QR Code] (15.6 KB, 53 views)