Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,001 Members 39,666 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Sony Xperia Z1 Needs Rooting?

Tip us?

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky0308 View Post
Procedure is quite clear, root firmware 534, upgrade to 290 - then unlock bootloader.

Sony fixed camera broke error but it's not for older firmware.
So if you unlocked bootloader on 4.2.2 you have permanently damaged camera.
Are you sure about that? Permanently? I remember people saying that they have back the camera functionality after Update to .290 or .136.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky0308 View Post
If you have backup TA partition, restore it and do everything again and try to set up your controller with this MARKET APP
I hope he Backup TA but sound like he do not even know about Bootlader, so guess not.

BTW, I got that App and working Awesome but is for PS3 Controller, he asking for Xbox Controller, It will working too?
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4

funky0308
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 5035

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
Are you sure about that? Permanently? I remember people saying that they have back the camera functionality after Update to .290 or .136.

I hope he Backup TA but sound like he do not even know about Bootlader, so guess not.

BTW, I got that App and working Awesome but is for PS3 Controller, he asking for Xbox Controller, It will working too?
I'm not 100% sure, Google should know that (for sixaxis controller).

And for bootloader - yeap, I'm sure.
If doesn't have TA backup - there's no help.

Only if someone found some way to fix it and I haven't heard for that - but I doubt...

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Holographic You
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I was under the impression I needed a rooted device to use backup TA?
Can somebody explain to me what part of process I went through where I unlocked my bootloader?
All I was trying to do is root my phone NOT unlock the bootloader.
I do appreciate the help.

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holographic You View Post
I was under the impression I needed a rooted device to use backup TA?
Correct, you have to Root first then Backup TA.

Quote:
Can somebody explain to me what part of process I went through where I unlocked my bootloader?
You asking us? You should know what you did. What you did?

Quote:
All I was trying to do is root my phone NOT unlock the bootloader.
How?
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4

Holographic You
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Downgraded to NUT's 14.1.G.1.534 with flash tool rooted it with Bin4ry, installed dualrecovery then updated to 14.1.G.2.257 and finally 14.2.A.1.136.
What went wrong?

Holographic You
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Downgraded to NUT's 14.1.G.1.534 with flash tool rooted it with Bin4ry, installed dualrecovery then updated to 14.1.G.2.257 and finally 14.2.A.1.136.
What went wrong?
I followed the steps very closely and there was no mention of unlocking.
What program out of the three would have done it?

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 614
Quote:
What went wrong?
You downgraded to .534 FW provided bu NUT, Rooted with Bin4ry, Installed DualRecovery then "updated to .257", this updeate wan not necessary and instead of doing that you should update to .136 directly with the instructions from the thread, BUT this should not cause any issues what so ever.

Then you never did this steps from HERE?

Type on keyboard *#*#7378423*#* and check what Bootoader Unlock Saying, Yes, No or Unlocked?

Holographic You
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
Then you never did this steps from HERE?

Type on keyboard *#*#7378423*#* and check what Bootoader Unlock Saying, Yes, No or Unlocked?
Bootloader unlock allowed: Yes

I did see that page but I ignored it because I was not interested in unlocking my bootloader.

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 614
Quote:
Bootloader unlock allowed: Yes

I did see that page but I ignored it because I was not interested in unlocking my bootloader.
Then your bootloader is Locked. You still have problem with the camera? Do a Factry Reset.