Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,834 Members 46,474 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unlock Unsuccessful?

Tip us?

DynamiteRave
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Unlock Unsuccessful?

I am recently deployed and was looking at getting my phone unlocked so I contacted AT&T to get my unlock code, which they gave up pretty easily. I went to the store and got a sim card and when I put in the unlock code it said unlock unsuccessful. I want to try to go back to stock to see if it works but the problem is I have the MJB bootloader and can't go back to stock without bricking my device. I'm currently on the Collective's 4.4.2 ROM. I tried the code 3 times and they were all unsuccessful. I also tried to do the sha off thing but it says something like invalid MIMI code. Anyone have any pointers search and google didn't help me, or I didn't see the fix. If anyone has any ideas let me know I'll try just about anything to be able to talk to my wife whenever I feel like it. Thanks for the help in advance and let me know if you have any other questions

deathblade
Old
Thanks Meter 361
To unlock your Galaxy S3 OR NOTE 2:

Just dial the following keys *#197328640#

Main Menu > [1] UMTS > [1] Debug Screen > [8] Phone Control > [6] Network Lock > Options [3]Perso SHA256 OFF > (after choosing this option, wait about 30 seconds, then go back one step by pressing the Menu button then select Back, now you are in [6] Network Lock then choose [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ ..... wait for a minute then reboot your phone... enjoy!!!

*This is a PERMANENT UNLOCK, and does NOT trigger anything for warranty

Please note I have any copied and pasted from tuts I've found and things I've tried(with success) so this is in no way my finding I am merely passing it on

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Google Nexus 7 (2013)
Rom:Sinless/Vanir (via Multirom)

Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-I747
Rom: Vanir 4.4.2

Samsung SGH-i977 Infuse 4G

LINKS:
MY SLIDING MESSAGING THEMES ARE LOCATED HERE

theramsey3
Old
Thanks Meter 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathblade View Post
To unlock your Galaxy S3 OR NOTE 2:

Just dial the following keys *#197328640#

Main Menu > [1] UMTS > [1] Debug Screen > [8] Phone Control > [6] Network Lock > Options [3]Perso SHA256 OFF > (after choosing this option, wait about 30 seconds, then go back one step by pressing the Menu button then select Back, now you are in [6] Network Lock then choose [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ ..... wait for a minute then reboot your phone... enjoy!!!

*This is a PERMANENT UNLOCK, and does NOT trigger anything for warranty

Please note I have any copied and pasted from tuts I've found and things I've tried(with success) so this is in no way my finding I am merely passing it on

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
He said he already has the 4.3 MJB bootloader, and that his mmi codes aren't working because he is not on a touch wiz based rom.

The method you posted works only on the 4.1.1 modem and bootloader. It won't work with 4.1.1 modem and 4.3 bootloader. If you can't access mmi codes because you're on a custom rom it won't work...

To the OP try flashing something touch wiz based to see if that corrects your problem. I suggest something like S3Rx or the 4.3 official rom by loserskater, both of those are in the development section.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

DynamiteRave
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Alright I'll take a look tonight. Hopefully I'll have updates tonight or tomorrow!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app