XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

X-Note 9.0 for 900T

Tip us?

FFTony
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default X-Note 9.0 for 900T

OK guys, There is no way I am the only one with a 900T itching to get my hands on KK and X-Note 9.0. I am very new to the whole rooting android devices but I am quickly learning the ropes. I have been reading many posts were where this is available to the 9005 versions. I also know that the 900T and 9005 are almost the same phone with 900T being locked (temporarily) to TMobile. I have been searching the threads for the past week looking for the answer if anyone with a 900T has been able to install the Official Poland Version 4.4.2 on their 900T. As some help I have been emailing someone else with a T-Mobile phone that helps to specialize in hard bricked devices. I am including the emails and I hope to get this thread moving forward. If it is not possible I would like to see if there is a way to work the system to get us the X-note 9.0 upgrade.

Originally Posted by FFTony
I am getting ready to add a room to my phone, I am a little worried about causing a hard brick. If I do are you able to fix the phone and at what cost? Also, what is your turn around time? Thanks.

Tomy1986.nt
It is still turn on what is phone model number ?

It is still running quite nicely, but I am concerned that the upgrade that I am going to attempt to perform will Brock my phone. I have read some threads on using the same card, but I don't know if it will work. I am just trying to cover my bases in a worst case scenario. My phone is sm-n900t. (T-mobile variant)

Side note: What I am going to attempt is to install the Poland version of kk to my phone. It is for the 9005 model (which the tmobile device is). Tmobile phones can run 9005 roms with a few updates, but I am not sure about the kk upgrade.

Tomy1986.nt
Have you already flashed stock 9005 Rom ? included bootloader of 9005 model ?

Not yet. I plan to tonight. So I should know tonight on how my phone on going to take the Poland upgrade.

Tomy1986.nt
Please do not flash another bootloader phone's model. it will hardbrick or IMEI number will be gone.

Darksynz
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Until we get an official Kernel for 4.4.2 for Tmobile we wont be able to install it. I even tried it last night since I've used previous X-note editions in the past. Hopefully in a couple more weeks we'll have a kernel.

FFTony
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksynz View Post
Until we get an official Kernel for 4.4.2 for Tmobile we wont be able to install it. I even tried it last night since I've used previous X-note editions in the past. Hopefully in a couple more weeks we'll have a kernel.
A few questions since I have spent a lot of time digging here in the threads.

1. Did you install the Official Poland 4.4.2 KK update?

2. Did you install the latest compulsion Kernel?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2480353

Darksynz
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I didn't. If I remember correctly Odin wouldn't let me install the bootloader

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

Compulsion kernel doesn't yet support 4.4

FFTony
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Not to question your methods as I have not attempted yet. Did you have the correct boxes checked including the install bootloader? Also did you have your device is usb debug mode? Or is it impossible to flash another regions bootloader?

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app
SM-N900T Powered by X-Note V13/CivZ-SnapKat 2.1

TheAxman
Old
Thanks Meter 8747

DONATE TO ME
None of the 9005 roms will run on the N900T without a official KK kernel made for our device, I have done all the research, and it has the same issues that I went thru with Vision.

The Following User Says Thank You to TheAxman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FFTony
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
[QUOTE=TheAxman;50300473]None of the 9005 roms will run on the N900T without a official KK kernel made for our device, I have done all the research, and it has the same issues that I went thru with Vision.

Axeman, Thank you very much for commenting on this post. I have seen your information alot dieingmy research. I have been attempting to gain traction on this topic. I do have a few questions.

1: is it possible to flash the official Poland KitKat version?

2: if it is possible, what are the risks that we are looking at?

I can see the problem with not having a custom kernel. Here is a link to one that I found earlier today.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=5027195

I also saw a thread today where the Canadian version is now able to upgrade to Kit Kat and flash x-note 9.0

Thank you again for your input.

daraj
Old
Thanks Meter 145

DONATE TO ME
You cant ODIN flash any official rom thats not intended for Tmobile. period.

Please someone correct me if Im wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to daraj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mastermindx85
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Can we flash xnote then flash the civ1.2 kernel would it work?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

Darksynz
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Yes.. I'm running v 11 now

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

You must flash the original 4.4.2 first though