5,594,282 Members 43,057 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Black Theme for TW Email app (SecEmail_J.apk)

Tip us?

nijel8
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmase23 View Post
Anyway to get this to work on the Sprint variant. . Looks great!

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I don't know, but you can try. Flashing makes backup of your original email app on /sdcard that you can flash back if theme doesn't work.
But don't blame me if something goes wrong. Make nandroid first.

bigmase23
Old
Thanks Meter 241
Didn't work.. I tried flashing with original? Flashing after deleting original.. nada. . I would love this.. anyone help? Thanks

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

nijel8
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmase23 View Post
Didn't work.. I tried flashing with original? Flashing after deleting original.. nada. . I would love this.. anyone help? Thanks

PM a link to your original email app... I'll see what I can do.

bigmase23
Old
(Last edited by bigmase23; 2nd February 2014 at 06:19 PM.)
Thanks Meter 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by nijel8 View Post
PM a link to your original email app... I'll see what I can do.
PM sent to you. . Or please hit me up on hangouts.. bigmase1973@gmail.com Thanks

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

amynjimmy
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Is there a way to just change permission and push instead of flashing? Then I can just. Make backups of everything and push the app... I do this instead of flashing other things but has anyone tried with this mod?

MB865/ST-ATT/4.4.2 BMM
SM-N900W8/ST/Rooted knox 0x0 4.4.2
Kindle Fire HDX 8.9/ATT/Rooted
SM-N900w8/StraightTalk/ Rooted/ 0x0/ViSiOn/Snapkat 2.6 2.88gz
Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 SM-p600
MB865/ATT-ST/BMM running KITKAT 4.4.2!!!!

Rock and Roll Baby!!

nijel8
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by amynjimmy View Post
Is there a way to just change permission and push instead of flashing? Then I can just. Make backups of everything and push the app... I do this instead of flashing other things but has anyone tried with this mod?

MB865/ST-ATT/4.4.2 BMM
Pull your email app from /system/app, open it and open the theme_zip both with 7zip side by side, drag-n-drop all files from theme_zip\vrtheme\system\app\SecEmail_J.apk\ to your eamil app(Yes to popup), close 7Zip. Now your app is themed, push it back to /system/app and change permissions to 644. Done.
That's what flashing do exactly, same thing and you have your original email app backed up on sdcard.
The Following User Says Thank You to nijel8 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

amynjimmy
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Pull your email app from /system/app, open it and open the theme_zip both with 7zip side by side, drag-n-drop all files from theme_zip\vrtheme\system\app\SecEmail_J.apk\ to your eamil app(Yes to popup), close 7Zip. Now your app is themed, push it back to /system/app and change permissions to 644. Done.
That's what flashing do exactly, same thing and you have your original email app backed up on sdcard.
Im on stock rooted 442, and when explore the zip, I see the apk is not a apk but a dir and files.... Is there a away to combine them back into a apk again? I know I should know what it is called but. I'm having a noob moment.

MB865/ST-ATT/4.4.2 BMM

Rock and Roll Baby!!

nijel8
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by amynjimmy View Post
Im on stock rooted 442, and when explore the zip, I see the apk is not a apk but a dir and files.... Is there a away to combine them back into a apk again? I know I should know what it is called but. I'm having a noob moment.

MB865/ST-ATT/4.4.2 BMM
Glad you asked... don't do it... theme is for 4.3 ROM, it most likely wont work with your 4.4.2 email app and you will have to redo all settings/accounts.
But if you wanna try it anyway make backup of your original email app and do what I said in my previews response to you. Drag and drop everything in that directory to your apk with 7zip and all modded files will be replaced and you will have your apk themed. Then push it back and delete /data/dalvik-cache/system@app@SecEmail_J.apk@classes.dex, restart phone. If done in recovery you might get away with loosing settings/accounts etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to nijel8 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

amynjimmy
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Glad you asked... don't do it... theme is for 4.3 ROM, it most likely wont work with your 4.4.2 email app and you will have to redo all settings/accounts.
But if you wanna try it anyway make backup of your original email app and do what I said in my previews response to you. Drag and drop everything in that directory to your apk with 7zip and all modded files will be replaced and you will have your apk themed. Then push it back and delete /data/dalvik-cache/system@app@SecEmail_J.apk@classes.dex, restart phone. If done in recovery you might get away with loosing settings/accounts etc.
Just FYI did not work for me. I drag dropped molded and rebooted cleared cache and all that and all it did was make app unavailable.

MB865/ST-ATT/4.4.2 BMM
SM-N900W8/ST/Rooted knox 0x0

Rock and Roll Baby!!