[Q] Help needed to flash A500 from PA to TUR.. [SOLVED]

16th February 2014, 01:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Dear members,
First of all, I'm searching several forum sites (such as tegraowners and others) but I couldn't find the answers, so I'd like to request help from here..

The problem is about my Acer Iconia A500 tablet.. I bought it from a friend by second hand.
It is only has in English version and I'd like to convert it to Turkish language..

As I seen, my Acer's firmware is currently: Acer_Av401_A500_RV05RC01_PA_CUS1
Build Number: Acer_AV041_A500_1.033.00_PA_CUS1
Kernel version: 2.6.39.4+
Android version: 4.0.3

and I read that this rom doesn't have Turkish language, so I must change it..
And I must say, I don't have the PC cable so if it is possible to flash via ext-sdcard, it'll be perfect..
*** Surprisingly, I noteiced that mini-usb connector cable is as same as my LG G2 connector cable, and when I connect it, my PC detect A500.. I think I can flash it by the cable way then... ***

I tried something such as:
Downloaded ...
Acer_AV041_A500_1.054.00_WW_GEN1-DEODEXED-FULLROOT.zip
Acer_AV041_A500_1.031.00_WW_GEN1-FULL-ROOT-DEODEXED.zip
Acer_AV041_A500_1.054.00_WW_GEN1-FULL-ROOT.zip
Acer_A500_1.031.00_WW_GEN1.zip
... files from several articles. And copy them (by one by) to ext-sdcard
with update.zip name. Then trying to boot with Volume(-)&Power buttons, it says update.zip found then
a green Android appears and starting to roll but immediately, this green android kills and an (!) symbol appears on it.

I tried all these flash files as the same method but everytime finished with the same result.
I find my serial number (via terminal emulator - dmesg command) and as I seen it's bootloader_ver=0.03.12-ICS (ICS bootloader??)..

Please suggest me, which rom must have I use for flashing update.zip method?
I actually doesn't need to be rooted, just need for Turkish language but if it is possible, rooting should be better..
Any help will be appreciated.. Thanks..
Last edited by COA; 16th February 2014 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Cable found to flashing!!
16th February 2014, 04:36 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Wow! I think I've just made it
I've installed CWM Recovery first with APX Flasher..
Then take a Full backup via CWM (I know it becuase I'd used it in my Samsung phone before)..
After all, I've retry to install my previously downloaded WW_GEN1 rom..
It's worked ant it'is now supports Turkish
By the way, it is being downloaded it's system update from the net automatically but it's not installed successfully.. I think it's normal... Anyway it was not necessary also..
Thank you for your articles and informations..
Last edited by COA; 16th February 2014 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Process completely done! Solved..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
a500, flash, turkish
Previous Thread Next Thread