Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Navigation maps problem

OP wiebew

14th February 2014, 03:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
More
Hello,

Can't get Locus and Tomtom working on my note 3
the Navigation programms are installed and are working fine, however it is not possible to get any access to the navigation maps
Already did the work around in this Topic: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2617921
(is this only working for media or also data)
Also changed the path, where the Navigation maps are stored, even stored the navigation maps in the main storage
it seems to me, that the Navigation programs are looking for the navigation maps a non excisting map, or can't acces that map.
Anybody an idea, Tia
14th February 2014, 04:25 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3

59 posts
Hi,

I had a similar problem after flashing the official 4.4.2 ROM from Samsung, and applying the same fix.

I just used Root Explorer to move the whole TomTom directory from the root of the External SD card to the root of the internal SD, (NOT phone memory) and then it all worked with no worries.

Hope this helps you out.
The Following User Says Thank You to ed_sambo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2014, 08:12 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Amsterdam

20 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed_sambo

Hi,

I had a similar problem after flashing the official 4.4.2 ROM from Samsung, and applying the same fix.

I just used Root Explorer to move the whole TomTom directory from the root of the External SD card to the root of the internal SD, (NOT phone memory) and then it all worked with no worries.

Hope this helps you out.

Thank you for your reply, i will try this weekend to move the files
15th February 2014, 08:29 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Amsterdam

20 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiebew

Quote:

Hi,

Hope this helps you out.

Hello again, tried several folders, so far no good, is it possible for you, to discribe from scratch which folder you used? TIA
for instance, mnt/sdcard/tomtom/ or storage/sdcard0/tomtom/
15th February 2014, 08:53 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Amsterdam

20 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiebew

Quote:

Hi,

Hope this helps you out.

Hello again, tried several folders, so far no good, is it possible for you, to discribe from scratch which folder you used? TIA
for instance, mnt/sdcard/tomtom/ or storage/sdcard0/tomtom/
Last edited by wiebew; 15th February 2014 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Sorry,double post
16th February 2014, 05:28 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 3

59 posts
Hi wiebew

Apologies for not getting back sooner, I've been out most of the weekend.

Just fyi, I had this problem when I updated to the official Samsung 4.4.2 (N9005XXUENA6_N9005OXXENA5_XEH). I'm running rooted using Chainfires awesomely easy to use, CF Auto Root.

This is what I did, step by step.

1 - Using Root Explorer, I copied the tomtom directory from the root of the extsd card
2 - I then pasted the tomtom directory to the root of the internal sd card. So afterwards it was /storage/sdcard0/tomtom. I may have rebooted, but can't honestly remember now, sorry.

I didn't have to change any permissions or anything else, after this copy/paste procedure TomTom started to work again.

I've since updated to the latest official Samsung ROM (N9005XXUENB3_N9005OXXENB1_XEO) and TomTom is still working quite happily.

Hope this helps, if there is anything else I can do to help let me know.
The Following User Says Thank You to ed_sambo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th February 2014, 06:15 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Amsterdam

20 posts
More
Quote:

Hi wiebew

Apologies for not getting back sooner, I've been out most of the weekend.

Just fyi, I had this problem when I updated to the official Samsung 4.4.2 (N9005XXUENA6_N9005OXXENA5_XEH). I'm running rooted using Chainfires awesomely easy to use, CF Auto Root.

This is what I did, step by step.

1 - Using Root Explorer, I copied the tomtom directory from the root of the extsd card
2 - I then pasted the tomtom directory to the root of the internal sd card. So afterwards it was /storage/sdcard0/tomtom. I may have rebooted, but can't honestly remember now, sorry.

I didn't have to change any permissions or anything else, after this copy/paste procedure TomTom started to work again.

I've since updated to the latest official Samsung ROM (N9005XXUENB3_N9005OXXENB1_XEO) and TomTom is still working quite happily.

Hope this helps, if there is anything else I can do to help let me know.

Hallo Ed, Thanks again, but unfortunatly not working for me, i have already installed another navigation app , and is working fine.
thanks again for your help !

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread