5,599,190 Members 35,591 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

one Click root?

Tip us?
 
rboutin2
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 23
Join Date: Nov 2010
Question one Click root?

Just curious if sometime in the future there will be a one click root for the maxx/mini/ultra/ moto x? I spent 4 hours in hell trying to get my Maxx rooted, finally succeeded but after all that it makes you really appreciate the work developers put into the exploits. I am assuming since the phones are so new, that it will be a while. I was more just curious if it was POSSIBLE than asking for a time frame of when to expect one.
 
Einsteindks
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 44
Posts: 183
Join Date: Feb 2011
No, unless someone puts together a very BIG utility.

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.
 
Metfanant
Old
#3  
Metfanant's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 120
Posts: 449
Join Date: Jan 2011
I would say with 99.999999999% confidence there will NEVER be a 1click root solution for the new Droid line...

sent from my Droid Maxx
 
bigv5150
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 149
Posts: 497
Join Date: Jan 2011
At this point we will be lucky to see root again.

Sent from my XT1080 using xda app-developers app
 
JayoH65
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 20
Join Date: Sep 2013
I honestly think I like doing the adb methods a lot more. Not only do you look cool doing it for friends (hahaha) but your also gaining the knowledge and practice of adb. I doubt we will ever see a one click again let alone another ROOT method since jcase announced he was done creating, but if we do. I personally hope for more methods that involve user interaction as I've learned ALOT this way.
 
Caseyk621
Old
#6  
Caseyk621's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 45
Posts: 226
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rochester, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayoH65 View Post
I honestly think I like doing the adb methods a lot more. Not only do you look cool doing it for friends (hahaha) but your also gaining the knowledge and practice of adb. I doubt we will ever see a one click again let alone another ROOT method since jcase announced he was done creating, but if we do. I personally hope for more methods that involve user interaction as I've learned ALOT this way.
Werd! I agree 100%!

Sent from my KitKat Ultra
 
lafont28
Old
#7  
lafont28's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 83
Join Date: Sep 2012
At this point if you are looking for an easy root method you should be buying dev editions or nexus devices. Id be willing to bet the days of rooting consumer editions are just about done and gone.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
 
xDroid4Lifex
Old
#8  
xDroid4Lifex's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 27
Join Date: Jan 2014
Just got this phone the other day on a trip to the States. I'm on Bell in Canada, and was hoping to get it rooted when I got home all to find out its locked up tighter than a vault! Can't wait to see what's in store in the near future though.

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Premium HD app
 
lafont28
Old
#9  
lafont28's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 83
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDroid4Lifex View Post
Just got this phone the other day on a trip to the States. I'm on Bell in Canada, and was hoping to get it rooted when I got home all to find out its locked up tighter than a vault! Can't wait to see what's in store in the near future though.

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Premium HD app
If its on 4.2.2 it can still be done it is just an involved process compared to what most are used to

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
 
xDroid4Lifex
Old
#10  
xDroid4Lifex's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 27
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lafont28 View Post
If its on 4.2.2 it can still be done it is just an involved process compared to what most are used to

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Came with 4.4 already installed. Sucks there's no root method as of yet

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Premium

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Multiboot in Progress for the Sony Xperia Z1

As we’ve mentioned quite a few times in the past, multiboot is quite the interesting … more

Samsung EFS Tool Updated to V5, Brings Universal Device Support

You may recall that we’ve talked about XDA Recognized Contributor … more

Say Goodbye to Holo Blue Once and for All

When Google released Android 4.4 KitKat back in October of last year, they changed quite a bit … more

Sony Z Ultra Google Play Edition Receives Bluetooth Certification for Android 4.4.3

You may recall that a few days ago, Sprint jumped the gun … more