XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

one Click root?

Tip us?

rboutin2
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question one Click root?

Just curious if sometime in the future there will be a one click root for the maxx/mini/ultra/ moto x? I spent 4 hours in hell trying to get my Maxx rooted, finally succeeded but after all that it makes you really appreciate the work developers put into the exploits. I am assuming since the phones are so new, that it will be a while. I was more just curious if it was POSSIBLE than asking for a time frame of when to expect one.

Einsteindks
Old
Thanks Meter 44
No, unless someone puts together a very BIG utility.

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

Metfanant
Old
Thanks Meter 120
I would say with 99.999999999% confidence there will NEVER be a 1click root solution for the new Droid line...

sent from my Droid Maxx

bigv5150
Old
Thanks Meter 149
At this point we will be lucky to see root again.

Sent from my XT1080 using xda app-developers app

JayoH65
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I honestly think I like doing the adb methods a lot more. Not only do you look cool doing it for friends (hahaha) but your also gaining the knowledge and practice of adb. I doubt we will ever see a one click again let alone another ROOT method since jcase announced he was done creating, but if we do. I personally hope for more methods that involve user interaction as I've learned ALOT this way.

Caseyk621
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayoH65 View Post
I honestly think I like doing the adb methods a lot more. Not only do you look cool doing it for friends (hahaha) but your also gaining the knowledge and practice of adb. I doubt we will ever see a one click again let alone another ROOT method since jcase announced he was done creating, but if we do. I personally hope for more methods that involve user interaction as I've learned ALOT this way.
Werd! I agree 100%!

Sent from my KitKat Ultra

lafont28
Old
Thanks Meter 25
At this point if you are looking for an easy root method you should be buying dev editions or nexus devices. Id be willing to bet the days of rooting consumer editions are just about done and gone.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

xDroid4Lifex
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Just got this phone the other day on a trip to the States. I'm on Bell in Canada, and was hoping to get it rooted when I got home all to find out its locked up tighter than a vault! Can't wait to see what's in store in the near future though.

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Premium HD app

lafont28
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDroid4Lifex View Post
Just got this phone the other day on a trip to the States. I'm on Bell in Canada, and was hoping to get it rooted when I got home all to find out its locked up tighter than a vault! Can't wait to see what's in store in the near future though.

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Premium HD app
If its on 4.2.2 it can still be done it is just an involved process compared to what most are used to

xDroid4Lifex
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by lafont28 View Post
If its on 4.2.2 it can still be done it is just an involved process compared to what most are used to

Came with 4.4 already installed. Sucks there's no root method as of yet

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Premium