Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

one Click root?

OP rboutin2

11th February 2014, 09:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

30 posts
Just curious if sometime in the future there will be a one click root for the maxx/mini/ultra/ moto x? I spent 4 hours in hell trying to get my Maxx rooted, finally succeeded but after all that it makes you really appreciate the work developers put into the exploits. I am assuming since the phones are so new, that it will be a while. I was more just curious if it was POSSIBLE than asking for a time frame of when to expect one.
11th February 2014, 09:13 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 78

288 posts
No, unless someone puts together a very BIG utility.

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.
12th February 2014, 12:14 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 150

506 posts
I would say with 99.999999999% confidence there will NEVER be a 1click root solution for the new Droid line...

sent from my Droid Maxx
12th February 2014, 01:43 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 222

829 posts
At this point we will be lucky to see root again.

Sent from my XT1080 using xda app-developers app
12th February 2014, 02:34 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 4

20 posts
I honestly think I like doing the adb methods a lot more. Not only do you look cool doing it for friends (hahaha) but your also gaining the knowledge and practice of adb. I doubt we will ever see a one click again let alone another ROOT method since jcase announced he was done creating, but if we do. I personally hope for more methods that involve user interaction as I've learned ALOT this way.
12th February 2014, 05:01 AM   |  #6  
Flag Rochester, NY
Thanks Meter: 179

531 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayoH65

I honestly think I like doing the adb methods a lot more. Not only do you look cool doing it for friends (hahaha) but your also gaining the knowledge and practice of adb. I doubt we will ever see a one click again let alone another ROOT method since jcase announced he was done creating, but if we do. I personally hope for more methods that involve user interaction as I've learned ALOT this way.

Werd! I agree 100%!

Sent from my KitKat Ultra
12th February 2014, 05:56 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 41

139 posts
At this point if you are looking for an easy root method you should be buying dev editions or nexus devices. Id be willing to bet the days of rooting consumer editions are just about done and gone.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
12th February 2014, 06:17 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 80

220 posts
More
Just got this phone the other day on a trip to the States. I'm on Bell in Canada, and was hoping to get it rooted when I got home all to find out its locked up tighter than a vault! Can't wait to see what's in store in the near future though.

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Premium HD app
12th February 2014, 08:27 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 41

139 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDroid4Lifex

Just got this phone the other day on a trip to the States. I'm on Bell in Canada, and was hoping to get it rooted when I got home all to find out its locked up tighter than a vault! Can't wait to see what's in store in the near future though.

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Premium HD app

If its on 4.2.2 it can still be done it is just an involved process compared to what most are used to

16th February 2014, 06:39 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 80

220 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lafont28

If its on 4.2.2 it can still be done it is just an involved process compared to what most are used to

Came with 4.4 already installed. Sucks there's no root method as of yet

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread