If you own an Android, you have 36 TBytes free and synchronized
I opened time a go a thread where you could get 10 TBytes free and synchronized: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2506195
Tencent was behind this service and its eternal rival Qihoo countered with a service that allows you to obtain more than 36 TBytes. Also free and also with synchronized tool.
Leaving aside confidence issues and service continuity, this solution is better than Tencent's one and not only because the increase in disk space.
The synchronization tool is better with more available information about the process.
Qihoo also provides a desktop tool that allows you to access to your cloud disk as it were a USB external hard disk.
Another difference is that when you share a folder, the guest can see the content before download.
Some of the features included:
- 36 TBytes free
- Desktop tool
- Synchonization tool with Explorer plugin
- Android and iPhone app
- Audio/Video streaming (web content)
- Recycle Bin (web)
- Time machine: File control version (web)
- Fast upload/download
- Android and iPhone app
And some that needs to be improved
- Only available in Chinese.
- Desktop and synchronization applications only for Windows.
Probably the first point is the most annoying for people like me that doesn't understand this language.
I've written a full review in my blog: http://imahgin.blogspot.com.es/2014/01/yunpan-disco-en-la-nube-gratis.html
The post is in Spanish and the link redirects you to an automatic translation to English so don't expect a perfect result.
The problem with the language is that I'm not being able to translate the synchronized tool for Windows. Sentences are not in an XML file so it's hard to get it in other language.
As for the Android app, I tried to decompile and compile it again but the apk detects itself it has been modified and doesn't starts up.
found a breakthrough in a previous build and he managed to translate it to English.
So, these are the steps if you want to get 36 TBytes for free:
- Register here: http://yunpan.360.cn/reg.. You'll receive 5 GB
- Install the desktop application from here: http://yunpan.360.cn/index/download#windows and sign in into your account. I installed the client for Windows. Not sure if it works if only installs the Synchronization tool. This will give you 10 TBytes
- Install the Android app from here: http://yunpan.360.cn/index/download#android and sign in again in your account. You'll receive 26 TBytes.
Attached is the translated apk to English but remember, it's not the last version. All credits goes for @imapk