XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Taipad 10s (RK3066)

Tip us?

helix022
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Taipad 10s (RK3066)

Hello everyone, i recently purchased one of these from newegg at a reasonable price, but I can't seem to find rom's for them anywhere. Does anyone have any ideas on where to look, i've been hunting on google for hours. It's currently running 4.2.2

Kernel 3.0.36+
Firmware: CT9706_RK610

Im not sure what else to do. I would hate to have to stick with stock considering it's a little laggy with the junk that they piled onto it. Not to mention i know it has the chinese OS installed on it. Luckily i WAS able to root it, and even get cwm installed on it, but i have no rom to flash to it as of yet. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Adulator12
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Soft Bricked Taipad 10s

I have this tablet, and was able to root it, and all was fine until I realized that it was not utilizing the Nandflash. The internal storage was full, and the Nand was empty (ish). SO i decided (as a newb) to pull the boot.img, edit the init.rk3066.rc and attempt to re-route the emulated storage to /mnt/sdcard. Recreated the new_boot.img, and pushed it and cat to mtdblock2 as i got it..(correct base address) - and reboot takes it to recovery. over and over.

I am looking for a rom that will work, from what i find CWR and CWM are a no go due to stopped development, but im still searching. There must be a similar tablet somewhere.

Oh and b4 the softbrick i used to get adb shell cmd line "shell@android #" or something like that - now i only get "#" - so i could not cat the original boot.img - yay fail.

MAXIMAURO
Old
(Last edited by MAXIMAURO; 16th February 2014 at 06:16 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adulator12 View Post
I have this tablet, and was able to root it, and all was fine until I realized that it was not utilizing the Nandflash. The internal storage was full, and the Nand was empty (ish). SO i decided (as a newb) to pull the boot.img, edit the init.rk3066.rc and attempt to re-route the emulated storage to /mnt/sdcard. Recreated the new_boot.img, and pushed it and cat to mtdblock2 as i got it..(correct base address) - and reboot takes it to recovery. over and over.

I am looking for a rom that will work, from what i find CWR and CWM are a no go due to stopped development, but im still searching. There must be a similar tablet somewhere.

Oh and b4 the softbrick i used to get adb shell cmd line "shell@android #" or something like that - now i only get "#" - so i could not cat the original boot.img - yay fail.
hi... i have a taipd 9x- but i had a mistake.. and i dont have rom files and im stuck!!.. my android os does not work.. and i need the files to make it work the touch and wi fi hardware..can you help me how to do or find that rom file?