Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,556 Members 42,195 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wifi chip going out?

Tip us?

pre4speed
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 348

DONATE TO ME
Default Wifi chip going out?

I am on S3Rx 3.0 and have never had problems. Today, I noticed my WiFi keeps connecting and disconnecting randomly. All the other devices in the house are fine. Could this signal a problem with my chip? Any insight is appreciated.

blackcanoflysol
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre4speed View Post
I am on S3Rx 3.0 and have never had problems. Today, I noticed my WiFi keeps connecting and disconnecting randomly. All the other devices in the house are fine. Could this signal a problem with my chip? Any insight is appreciated.
I'm curious about this as well. This week, my wifi dropped out seemingly permanently. When I try to enable Wifi, it just sits. When I go back to settings it's always off. Rebooting doesn't help. I tried safe mode, I tried reflashing. I'll probably try a new ROM today just to see if a fresh start helps, but I was wondering if people were experiencing hardware issues with the chip. It looks like my bluetooth still works, though.
The Following User Says Thank You to blackcanoflysol For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

theramsey3
Old
Thanks Meter 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre4speed View Post
Which kernel are you using and are you using any xposed modules? It would be a really good idea to post this exact statement in the S3Rx thread, you will likely get more help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

pre4speed
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 348

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by theramsey3 View Post
Which kernel are you using and are you using any xposed modules? It would be a really good idea to post this exact statement in the S3Rx thread, you will likely get more help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
I'm using stock kernel. Xposed modules are: all notifications expanded, boot manager, bump unlimiter, disable full battery alert, disable critical battery shutdown, greenify. Only reason I didn't post in the thread is because I don't feel its ROM related. I've been running the ROM with no problems for close to a month and this started yesterday without me making any changes.